Chapter 4

"Warm rain settles upon clouds of life, twirling around anxious to be free from captivity; only to cycle down the same path- myths."

"Good evening folks!" a middle aged man wearing a trench coat spoke, waving to Subaru and Rem.

"Good evening... say do you know where we could possibly-" Subaru feeling restless, immediately got shut down by Rem.

"We'd like to rent a room please!" she begged.

"Oh really?" the mysterious guy wondered, while shuffling around in his lengthy pockets. "I guess all I can say is- Baga' Inn." After the friendly man answered them, Subaru just exchanged a dreadful grin. It had to be since they were complete strangers to this citizen so it made them curious or disagreeable in these circumstances. It didn't bother Rem as she thanked the old guy with a giggle and smile; returning back to her journey with her lover.

"Umm...Rem-san?" Subaru said. "C-Can we really trust h-him?" he stuttered feeling spooked. Nothing serious was about it. He only felt concerned from his experience with Betelgeuse. So it was only right for him to question Rem therefore. But who knew- what's right? 

"It's all fine, you're my hero." Rem rested her head on his shoulder, crawling up closely to his chest hoping to sleep as if. You could spot the dozens of glowing fireflies soaring through the air as they passed on toward the town's buildings. Leafs flew along the bugs of light, and wind stayed calm to its chill.

Together they blushed, not knowing what to say in this time. "R-R-Rem?!" his face went red as he saw people coming in and out of the stone apartment buildings. All their faces lit up when Subaru and his lady strolled down the path in their carriage, none of them were blank. 

"Hey!" one woman yelped trying to get attention at Subaru. Uh? What's up with her? Everything seems normal and safe here... so I guess the guy at the gate wasn't lying. Subaru imagined.

"Hmm... what's up?!" he grinned trying to still keep cautious.

"Are you the one who defeated the legendary White Whale?" other people strolled into the conversation.

"It's him! The Whale Slayer!" 

"No no no, I'm not the one who killed it!" Subaru shaked his head embarrassed but bewildered.

"Hmm... of course you are babe!" Rem laid on him, tossing back and forth while she nudged her head tightly in Subaru's neck. Now everyone was shocked at this point as you may have guessed. But Subaru didn't care and started pecking at Rem's hair with- cute, - tiny, - kisses.

-------------------------

Meanwhile, after all the confusion at the main section of the town, Subaru and Rem rented a room in the inn called "Baga".

"Now what do you want young man?" the owner of the building asked Subaru. The place him and Rem stayed at right now was a bar- quiet, calm, and relaxed fortunately. But Rem apparently just laid back in the room on the bed, reading a folktale from Lugnica.

"I really am good right now! I just need something for my loved one, a glass of your finest wine!" Subaru struck out with one finger, pointing at a box filled with empty wine bottles; leaving a wink on the end of his expression.

So forth, he got the freshest wine there, and retreated back upstairs to little Rem. "Princess!" he cheered on opening the door to their room, seeing her all asleep on the comfy bed. The largest window was opened, revealing a magical night sky filled with stars of bright gold; covered in special raindrops from above. Rain continues pouring outside as he sat on the bed with the sleeping girl.

He sighed, smiling as he pets her head with the snores jumping off his motions. She seems so joyed up, it's just adorable! I guess all my hard work finally paid off, no more dying for me! he thought.

In conclusion, he flushed while he put his face up against hers- kissing her on the lips smoothly. His eyes fall and he cuddled up against her tired body. But not tired, you see, she wakes up only by pulling Subaru in closer to her body. 

Her sparkling eyes opened up blushed with no response. Only a mouth dropped, unexplainable happiness, and a careless act from Subaru.

"U-U-Uhmm, haha, hi Remmy!!?" Subaru laughed, trying to avoid his shameful moment. But she didn't care, she loved it. Nothing more romantic from their life was stronger than this memory.

"I'd love it if you... slept with me Subaru-san." her face brightened up,  giggling as she saw Subaru almost covering up the lil Rem.

"Oh... sure th-thing baby!" he tried acting cool with the whole new "nicknames". In conclusion for this night, the summer rain flew all across the sky this midnight, releasing all of Subaru and Rem's stress; including the people all across this nation.

Although, once the lights in the entire building burn out; darkness was only left revealing a group of purple, electric uncontrollably angry arms unseen by everybody....

End of Chapter 4