Dared to dream

Bucky awoke to a warm body pressed against his back, an arm draped loosely over his chest securing him in the other persons hold. Panic quickly took hold of Bucky before he remembered where he was. Safe, for the first time in years. He was with Steve, and all was finally right with the world. Closing his eyes, Bucky slowly let himself drift back to sleep, only subconsciously aware of Steve pulling him closer, muttering something in his sleep as he tightened his hold on Bucky.

This is how Bucky woke up most mornings. On mornings that Bucky woke before Steve, the blonde would often times apologize, explaining that he's just rolled over in his sleep, though Steve was usually up and starting his day long before Bucky.

Many months past and Bucky was slowly accepted as one of the Avengers. Him and Steve had become nearly inseparable at this point, whether it be when fighting or relaxing back at Stark towers.

"How about a game of Truth or Dare?!" Tony walked into the living room one afternoon, arms raised above his head. He was met with a bunch of blank looks, all conversation stopping as if he'd just announced zombies were replacing the Avengers.

"Come again?" Sam came over from the kitchen, sitting down on the other side of the couch. "Someone please tell me I'm clearly losing it and didn't just hear Tony ask if we wanted to play Truth or Dare."

"-I'm out," Natasha quickly said, standing up and making her way out of he room, followed by Steve. "Tony, no." He replied with an exasperated laugh, glancing back to watch as Bucky rose to his feet, preparing to follow.

"Guys, guys guys, wait." Tony walked over to sit on the couch. "C'mon, it'll be fun. Just one round and if you guy's still want to quit then be my guest."

It took a bit more convincing until they finally gave in.

"I can't believe I'm doing this," Natasha muttered, finally returning to her. Sam could only laugh, watching as everyone sat back down around the coffee table, including Scott who even came in.

"We're all going to regret this, aren't we." Steve turned his gaze to meet Tony's, who's only reply was a smug smirk. "Fine then, guess I'll go first."

"Go ahead, Cap," Tony replied, leaning back in the couch, arms crossed.

Steve rolled his eyes, instantly turning to Natasha as he met her gaze. Her mouth quickly turned into an O, knowing what was coming.

"Truth or Dare," he questioned, cocking an eyebrow smugly. Maybe this could be fun.

"Dare."

Steve thought for a moment before nodding, gesturing to her phone she had set beside her. "I dare you to call Banner and have conversation with him," he stated, hesitating before adding, "on speaker."

Natasha instantly resisted, though finally picked up her phone, an annoyed look on her face as she and everyone listened to the phone ring.

"-Hello?"
The red head shot a sharp glare in Steve's direction before picking up the phone. They awkwardly talked for a minute before Natasha announced she had to go and then cut the line, meeting Steve's gaze who immediately burst out laughing.

"Fine, Steve- Truth or Dare?"

The blondes mouth snapped shut. He hadn't expected to go next. Knowing what he'd made Natasha do, he expected something similar in return. "Truth," he decided.