Don't do anything stupid until i get back

"You know," Steve started as he buttoned up his suit, "I still don't know how to dance."

Bucky smiled, fixing his collar in the mirror. "Don't worry, Captain, I'll show you how." He winked at Steve through the glass, a smirk appearing on his face.

"I'm expecting nothing less, Sergeant Barnes," he shot back, taking his time as he made his way over.

"God, that sounded hot," the brunette murmured, melting into Steve's touch as he was wrapped in the blonde's embrace.

The captain said nothing, instead leaning closer to plant a kiss gently on Bucky's temple, earning a contented sigh from the other man. "You about ready to go?" He finally asked after a moment of silence.

"Mm..." The ex-assassin replied.

"Is that a yes?" Steve chuckled softly, kissing him once more before pulling away. "C'mon, 'Tash and Banner are already waiting."

"About time, too. I didn't think they'd ever get together." Bucky then took Steve's hand in his own metal one, biting his lip as he met the blondes gaze. "This okay?" He questioned uneasily, staring at the contrast of skin against metal. His arm had only ever been used as a weapon, but Steve was slowly teaching him that it could be used for good, too.

"Of course, Buck," he replied, giving Bucky's hand a squeeze. Tony had added a few touches to the arm, one of which was making it pressure-sensitive. Meaning Bucky could now feel anything, just like a normal human arm.

"Well then, our dance awaits."

Together they walked out, hand in hand, both formally dressed in black button-up suits.

"Well, well, well," Natasha whistled upon seeing them exit Stark's tower, stepping out of the car Bruce had arranged for them. "Aren't you two looking handsome."

"So do you, Nat. Beautiful, I mean. You look beautiful." And she did, dressed in a short red dress, curled hair cascading over her shoulders with tall black heels.

The redhead laughed, glancing at Bucky. "Keep an eye on him for me, Barnes," she said, turning to open the back seat door.

"Yes ma'am," the ex-assassin gave a mock salute in acknowledgment before climbing into the car followed by Steve.

They had made plans to go dancing after Bucky's persistent requests, inviting Natasha and Bruce shortly after when they'd announced they were together.

The drive was only a short distance away, so they didn't bother buckling up. They sat in silence for most of the drive, just enjoying each other's company until they pulled up to the club.

"Ladies first," Bucky offered with a wink as he held the door to the building open for Steve.

"Really, Buck?" The blonde questioned, catching his gaze with a look of amusement as he walked into the building.

The lights were dim, and loud music was playing with the heavy scent of alcohol in the air. It was crowded, and they lost Bruce and Natasha to the crowd almost immediately. The next song that came on was slow, and Steve didn't waste a second as he grabbed Bucky's hand and dragged him to the floor. The brunette took the next minute to position Steve, putting the blonde's arms over his own shoulder and around his neck; pulling him close so that they were pressed against each other. The smell of Bucky brought him up to cloud nine, losing himself in the music and the man against him. They rocked slowly to the sound of the music, Steve letting his head rest on Bucky's shoulder. This, he decided, was paradise. A few more moments passed and they were exchanging a kiss, long and slow, taking their time as the song began to wrap up. 

"You ready to go grab a few drinks?" The sound of Bucky's voice brought him back to reality, though he was still partly convinced he was in heaven. That man sounded like an angel.  

"Yeah."

Upon sitting down at the bar, Bucky was quick to flag down the bartender. "Give us the strongest you've got," he ordered, having to reassure the man that yes, they were positive. With new discoveries in alcohol and liquor, they were finally able to get drunk.

A few drinks later that's exactly what happened. At least for Steve.

They returned to the dance floor, quick to accommodate to the fast-paced beat as sweaty bodies mingled around them. At one point he vaguely remembered running into Bruce and Natasha, but was now starting to question if that had really happened. Bucky offered to go get them both a final drink which Steve accepted, alone for a minute while the brunette made his way back to the bar.

"Don't do anything stupid until I get back," Bucky called from over his shoulder.

"How can I? You're taking all the stupid with you!" Steve thought he could make out the faint sound of Bucky laughing before the ex-assassin disappeared into the crowd.

A tap on his shoulder made him turn around, gaze settling on a blonde. "...Sharon?" 

"Hey Steve," she greeted with a giggle, grabbing the collar of his suit. "I haven't seen you in forever."

"Yeah, it's been awhile," he agreed, Bucky's name vaguely registering in his brain, reminding him that he probably shouldn't be so close to her. Shouldn't be dancing with her like Bucky had danced with him earlier. He must have been so much more drunk than he'd thought. Soon enough though Bucky's name was forgotten as Sharon pulled him down for a kiss, his lips meeting hers. He couldn't remember why this felt so wrong...He'd kissed her before. What had changed? When they finally pulled apart his gaze fell on a man standing about a foot away, a glass held in each hand.

Oh. Steve stumbled back in shock, falling into the people behind him. He was quickly met with an angry yell followed by an elbow into his side. When he finally spotted Bucky again, he'd set down the drinks, gaze glued to Sharon who looked utterly confused.

"Steve?" He heard her say, but the only thing that mattered to him right now was Bucky. The man had turned away, expression unreadable as he disappeared into the crowd. He'd hurt the one man he cared about more than anything. The one person that he wanted to spend his life with. He'd screwed up. That was for sure.

"Steve?" He felt a hand on his shoulder, briefly recognizing it as Sharon's before he shoved her away, stumbling through the crowd. Bucky was nowhere in sight. He was gone.