Your pal, your buddy, your Bucky

The following few days were spent avoiding Bucky like the plague. He didn't try to make it obvious, waiting a few minutes if the man came into the room, followed by him making some casual excuse of needing to leave. At night he wouldn't come into their room until late when he knew Bucky would be asleep, and waking up earlier then normal. Natasha said nothing to him about it, though he knew exactly what she was thinking.

The site of Bucky one afternoon caused Steve's heart to flutter, swallowing as he felt his face heat up. The brunettes gaze quickly fell on him,  predicting his next move. As soon as the blonde stood up, Bucky's gaze narrowed. "What Steve, where to now? Let me guess, going to take out the trash? Maybe you want to do this dishes for the third time today? Oh wait I know, you want to go make the bed, right? Well let me tell you, I took care of the trash this morning. Dishes were finished an hour ago, and I made the bed after I got up."

"I-"

"No, don't say anything. Just... You know what, forget it. I don't care what you do. I'm tired of you avoiding me. We haven't spoken all week and I've hardly seen you at all,"

Steve's heart sped up, slowly making his way across the room towards Bucky as the man continued rambling. He felt everything slow down around him, as if a switch was suddenly flicked on, turning the rest of the world into slow motion.

"-was it something I did?? I mean, this all started when i got back from my trip- What, why are you staring at me like that..."

Steve had come to a stop in front of Bucky.  The blond backed the other man against the wall, faces close enough so that Bucky could feel Steve's breath on his face, eyes widening as one of the mans hands moved to the wall, the other resting gently against his cheek, before sliding down to his chin. He couldn't fight it anymore. Couldn't hold back the feelings he felt for the ex-assassin. Couldn't pretend that he was fine and his life was great because God damnit it wasn't. Not without Bucky. The blond felt his heart pounding in his chest, tipping Bucky's head up slightly as he leaned forward until their lips were brushing, all the while staring into the brunettes beautiful blue eyes.

"-Steve..." Bucky breathed, mouth parting slightly as Steve filled in the distance between them. The blondes eyes fluttered shut as soon as his mouth reached Bucky's, hearing a small gasp come out of the other man upon impact.

He was on cloud 9. His heart was soaring with every brush of skin, the taste of Bucky filling his mouth. At one point he felt the ex- assassins tongue on his lip, immediately granting the man access to his mouth as if nothing else mattered in the world. And for that moment, nothing did. It was just Bucky.

"You don't know what you did to me," Steve gasped, breaking contact long enough to get the words out before he was right back at it, kissing Bucky like his life depended on it. Somehow his hands found their way to Bucky's hair, not noticing until he drew a small whine from the man.

"I..." Bucky managed to get out, foreheads pressed together. "I've been in love with you since we were kids." He whispered, drawing a gasp from Steve as he bit down onto the blondes lip.

"Oh my God..." Steve felt guilt wash over him like a wave, swallowing up everything in its path. How could he have done this to Bucky? He finally pulled away, the taste of Bucky on his lips. "I'm so sorry, Buck."

The man reached out, metal arm gripping Steve's shirt and pulled him closer. "Just Shut up and kiss me again," he pleaded, face flushed and looking like a wreck but he'd never been happier in his life.

They continued making out for several more minutes until they'd mapped and remapped ever inch of each others mouths.  After Bucky finally pulled away completely out of breath, they just stood there, Steve pressing Buck against the wall, head on the brunettes broad shoulder.

In a perfect world, they would have stayed that way forever, but it wasn't a perfect world. And eventually Tony announced they were leaving soon for Dinner. This meant all the Avengers, because unfortunately Scott had decided that since they were all technically one big family, they had to eat like one, too.

"We should probably..." Bucky spoke up, gesturing towards their bedroom.

"Yeah." Steve agreed, before finally pulling away, taking in the brunettes site with a quick sweep of his gaze. His lips were red and swollen, hair tussled and messed up, though aside from all of that, the ex- assassins gaze was gleaming brighter then Steve had ever seen. "We should."

They both made their way to the bedroom and got dressed, taking twice as long due to Bucky stopping Steve once his shirt was off, kissing him until the blond had to force him off knowing Tony wasn't going to wait. As they finished getting ready, they both agreed that their new relationship would stay a secret. They didn't think the world was ready to find out their patriotic icon was gay.

"Took you guys long enough," Tony said upon seeing the two men walk in. "Anyway, we're all meeting at the diner down the street. That work with you guys?"

"Yeah, we'll meet you there." Steve could almost laugh at how casual they were being. As if they hadn't spent the last ten minutes making out.

Tony nodded, leaving without another word. The rest of the Avengers had already left, so they decided not to waist any more time and made their way out as well.

Upon arriving at the diner, the two men found the rest of the team quickly, taking a seat in the large booth that had been reserved for them. Their meal was quickly met with an awkward silence, and Steve could quickly feel the tension building in the air around them. Once in a while one of the Avengers would shoot a look at them, until Steve had finally had enough of it. "Alright, what's going on."

Tony glanced toward Scott, who bit his lips, gaze landing on his food.

"Well? Are you guys going to kiss already?" Sams statement caused Bucky to choke on his food, a similar reaction to Steve's.

"What?!?" Bucky turned to stare at the darker skinned man, pushing down his own rising panic.

Natasha rolled her eyes, nodding over to Scott. "You gonna tell them are should i."
She questioned, not waiting for an answer before returning her gaze to Steve.

"Tell us what," he asked softly, feeling Bucky tense beside him.

"Scott over there, genius, might I add, may or may not have been in the kitchen before we left." Tony spoke up before Natasha could say anything, a proud smile appearing on his face.

"Shit," he heard Bucky whisper under his breath, glancing towards the brunette guiltily. "The suit."

Sam chuckled softly, eyebrow raised smugly. "Right, so tic tac got to watch a full on make out session and then got to tell the Avengers a very...detailed story."

Bucky could only laugh as he heard Steve string out a series of swear words, head landing on the table with a soft 'thud.'

And without warning, the ex- assassin leaned forward, planting a soft affectionate kiss atop the captains head. The Avengers reaction was priceless.