10. Ocean Eyes

"Corey, is this really necessary?" Allison asks me as I take a left turn, smiling to myself because of what I had planned. "I mean, shouldn't we be focusing on something like those demon creatures or who might be the nogitsune?"

She had a point, but so did I. "We've dedicated a lot of time into that lately...when's the last time we focused on us?"

Allison raises her eyebrows at me, giving me a playful look. "Okay, true, but-"

"No butts," I say, reminding me of my mother. She used to say that to me all the time. I missed her. "We can put the demons from Hell off for at least one night. That's all I'm asking for; one night."

She smiles at me, sitting back in her seat. "Alright, but didn't you plan the date last time? When do I get a turn?"

I raise my eyebrow. "Nuh uh, I get a redo. Last time didn't count."

"What? Why?" she says. "It was amazing last time."

I look over at her. "Yes, because you being kidnapped by Jade, a werewolf fight, me almost dying, and Derek almost dying is a great first date."

Allison nods, all of it finally coming back to her. I had almost forgotten about that in all honesty, but I guess because it felt like it happened so long ago. I would never forget Lydia saving my life though; no matter how long it was since it happened.

"At least tell me what you have planned," she begs, but I wasn't telling her. I was a man of surprises; I hated spoilers.

I shake my head. "Nope. We're almost there; you don't have to wait much longer."

She looks out the window, her eyes bright as she looked up at the stars. "You know, sometimes you really do bother me, Coral Ham."

"Alright, Miss I can protect myself," I laugh as she punches my arm, laughing with me. "What ever happened to you really are cute?"

Allison smiles, her dimple showing. "You remember that?"

"Of course I remember that," I smile, remembering her saying that the first time. It had been in the car back when I was dead...the first time I ever went to school with her.

She grins. "Well if you remember it, then you'll also remember that I told you that you were cute when you were acting dorky."

I roll my eyes slightly at her, finding all of this humorous. It amazed me that we both remembered so much; even down to the simplest conversation. "I'm dorky all the time."

"That is true," she laughs before wrapping her arm around my right bicep, leaning her head onto my shoulder. It didn't affect my driving any, and it actually made me speed up my driving a little bit. I couldn't wait to get where we were going. "But you're my dork."

Man, I could hardly fathom how much I loved her.

It wasn't until then I looked down at the clock and saw that it was almost ten at night, but that was good. It needed to be dark as possible for where we were going, and I could tell that it was going to be a good night for it. I only hoped Allison would enjoy it, but I was sure she would.

"How much longer?" she says, yawning after her sentence. I was worried that she was going to fall asleep, but it was good that we were already here.

"We're here," I say as I park the car, Allison's head raising from my shoulder to look out the window. Her eyes light up when she sees what I have set up, which happened to be just simply a blanket and a few candles right on a secluded part of the beach.

Her mouth falls open. "Corey, how-"

"Before you ask, just know that Stiles actually told me awhile back that he wanted to take Lydia here on a date if that ever happened, but I guess I beat him to it," I say, still feeling a little guilty about it. It wasn't like I was ruining it for him; I just thought it would be a cool date idea.