14. Broken Pieces

Two days.

I haven't seen or heard from Stiles in two days. Everyone has been looking for him, but it's like he wasn't even in Beacon Hills anymore. I've tried calling him, texting him, hell, even face timing him, but he won't answer me. It made me wonder what he's been up to...

Allison tried stopping by the house yesterday, but I didn't answer the door. A part of me felt bad, but the other part of me didn't want to see her. Not specifically her, but I just didn't want to see anyone...

"Corey?" Allison shouts from behind the door. "Your truck is here; I know you're home."

It's silent for awhile as I creep around the corner, staring at the door. I debated in my mind whether to answer it or not, but I just couldn't. I couldn't face her and talk to her about Stiles when I didn't want to talk about it. I didn't want to even think about it. So, I keep my distance.

Finally, Allison sighs. "Corey, if you're listening, just know that I'm here for you, okay? Keeping this bottled up...it's not good for you. I would know. I just don't want to see the same thing that happened to me happen to you. We're going to fix this, Corey. We've always made a good team. Please just give me a call or anything and I'll be here...I love you."

She pauses for a minute, like she was waiting for the door to open or for me to say something back. I almost said I love you back, but then she was speaking again. "I brought you something, so I guess I'll just leave it here on the step...if you're even listening to me right now."

I hear movement outside from behind the door as I sink lower against the wall until finally my butt was touching the ground. It was then I realized that I was crying.

Allison was too. I could hear it in her voice. "Please Corey...don't shut me out. Shutting people out is the worst thing to do. I-I just-"

She cuts off then, followed by footsteps away from the door. I sit there in silence as I stare at the blank space, wondering what she could have left on the doorstep. Something inside of me broke a little more hearing her voice like that; that she sincerely cared about me that much. It made me love her all the more, but for some reason, my feet wouldn't let me get up to open the door.

After sitting for at least five minutes, I push myself up off the floor, wiping my tears away on my hoodie sleeve. I stumble to the door before opening it up, finding something I wasn't expecting lying there on the doorstep.

It was a pizza box.

I had opened up the pizza box to find 8 slices inside; it being my favorite kind. I was a little surprised to see that Allison remembered that I loved canadian bacon so much, but it meant a lot to me. Out of everything shitty that's been going on lately, for her to stop by and leave me a pizza meant the world.

And I didn't even open the door.

"Corey?" I hear someone say to me then, snapping me from my daze. I blink before I see Lydia standing in front of me, purse slung around her shoulder. I almost forgot I was even standing in the hallway at school.

I rub my eyes. "Yeah, sorry Lydia...what's up?"

She gives me a concerned look. "Are you sure you should be back in school?"

"In all honesty, I'd rather be looking for Stiles," I say as I yawn, Lydia taking note I could tell.

Lydia sighs, shaking her head slightly. "How are you holding up? I haven't talked to you in so long."

I stare at her for a moment, not sure how I wanted to play this out. I didn't know whether to lie and tell her that I was okay so she wouldn't worry, or to just tell the truth. I must have took too long thinking about my answer, because she was soon changing the topic.