First Run

The world was softer today than yesterday, that much was obvious. The light seemed to land gently on Dean's face, making his skin glow. His face was much more relaxed. "Are y'all done spooning now? I want to run and catch the bus!" shouted Sam in Dean's ear. He sat straight up with a knife in hand, its blade grazing your skin just enough to cut a shallow cut. You hissed and smacked him over the head. "I'm sorry!" he cried, getting out of bed to try and help you to the sink. "Ugh, it's fine. It's not that bad. Get dressed, Sam deserves to get the bus," you grumbled. You took a long strip of paper towel, wet it, and tied it around the cut to stop the bleeding. Sam threw you a flannel that you pulled on top of your tank top and you changed into a pair of jeans while the boys weren't looking. Shoving a brush into your bag, you pounded on the bathroom door. Dean emerged with a comb in hand and a smirk on his face. "You rang, sweetheart?" You rolled your eyes and walked away. "WE'RE MISSING IT!"Sam screamed. Dean tossed the comb on the bed and followed his brother out the door. You laughed and ran after them, slamming the door behind you.

"GOD CAN'T RUN THAT FAST!"  you screamed at them. They were quite far ahead of you. You sprinted towards them as fast as they could. Dean's jacket was billowing out behind him and their arms were swinging side to side. Sam was flailing his arms in the air trying to flag down the bus and you laughed as you gave it everything you had. Very slowly, you gained on them until you were in between the two of them, running as fast as you possibly could. A familiar face appeared in the back window with a grin on her face and then it disappeared. The bus slowed down and you heard Dean give a loud laugh as Sam gasped for breath. Your chests were all heaving as  the boys climbed on in front of you. You thanked the bus driver with a gasp and collapsed into the seat in front of Jo and beside both boys. "That was amazing! It must have been going thirty miles an hour! How did you even keep up? Seriously! And why are you sharing a hotel room with them?" she questioned. You held up one finger and took a moment to take in a breath or two. Your legs were limp and Sam was leaning heavily on your shoulder. Dean hooked an arm around him, fingers intentionally grazing your neck. You shivered at the light contact and sent him a dark glare, to which he replied with a wink. "Our father's are working a job out of town and they put us together. Mainly so I make sure herp-derp over by the window doesn't make any big mistakes like knocking a girl up while he's here. But he's not all that bad once you get to know him," you said, still taking in huge gulps of air. She grinned and you talked the rest of the way there.