A gift can be anything from anyone

'Mr Lenehan we're going to ask you to leave, we are taking the patient to surgery, you may wait outside,' a nurse stated with 8 doctors following her through the door.
I squeeze Jodies hand, ' you're killing me Jodie, just be okay, I love you'
And I walk out of the room and join Leah and Leondre.
'Where are Jodies mom and dad?' I ask
'You'll see' Leah replied.
Leondre had his hand around Leah. I couldn't help but wish that was me and Jodie at home right now😭
9 HOURS LATER, AFTER JODIES SURGERY.
Leondre and Leah had fallen asleep, I don't know how they did it because my eyes won't let me rest, whenever they're closed, Jodies almost lifeless figure appears.
'Mr Lenehan we have good and bad news.' A nurse begins to say.
'Bad news first I guess,' I reply.
'Jodies mother passed away this morning as a result of giving Jodie her heart and her father, well you could say it was love, although his procedure went fine, he passed 8 minutes after Mrs Taylor did.
'And the good news?' I ask
'Jodie is fine, you may go see her'
I look at Leah and Leondre before leaving my seat.
I approach the door, take a deep breath and walk in.
'Charlieee!' Jodie says in a weird voice, probably still under anaesthetic.
'Hey beautiful!' I say as I approach her bed.
'How long have you been hereeeee?' She asks
'Ever since you came in babe,' I say
'What do you mean? Where am I??!' She says confused.
'Jodie you're in the hospital'
'Why?' I says
I begin to explain, that's when I remember the note from Leondre.
3 hours later... After Jodies anaesthetic wore out
'Jodie I was told to give you this'
'What is it?' She asked
'I don't know, read it and find out'
A lining of tears begin to form in her eyes.
'OMG' she screams!!
'Jodie what's happened??!!'
'Read it'
'Dear our darling daughter Jodie, you always asked us what we'd get you when you was 18, truth is we didn't know, but our gift is love. If you're reading this then it means the surgery went well, so you can still live with a little piece of us with you, your mothers heart replaced yours and your dads kidney replaced yours too! We love you forever, we will be watching over you, good look with Charlie. Love mom and dad xo'
I pull Jodie into a hug and don't say anything, I'm speechless.
The door opens, Leo and Leahs face appears.
Jodie wipes her face and greets them
SEVERAL DAYS LATER
Jodies POV-
I walk into my living room. Quiet.
I walk into the kitchen. Quiet.
Omg😭😭
I figure it's time to go through my parents closet and clear their room out I don't want to look at anything so I order a charity to come collect it all🙁
To// Charlie💓
'Please come stay with me for a while, I need to sort this house out and you'll be a great help'🙁
From//Charlie💓
'Course baby I'll be over in a few hours'
I walk back downstairs and slouch on the sofa, ' I miss you mom and dad' I say to myself...