|Chapter One| Unusual Appearance

Telepathy sat in the moonlight, a pool of clear water in front of him. He gazed at his reflection, his tail swishing back and forth absentmindedly. His thoughts wandered to what had happened a couple of months ago, making him shiver and glance away from the water. He didn't even notice when Tye-Dye walked over.

"Telepathy?"

The Espeon jumped, whirling to face the newcomer. He visibly relaxed when he realized it was Tye-Dye.

"Oh, it's just you, Tye. . ."

"What's wrong? You've been seeming really out of it lately," Tye-Dye said, his miscolored ribbons waving gently in the faint light.

"It's nothing," Telepathy answered, turning away from the Sylveon.

Tye-Dye's ears drooped, "C'mon, don't lie to me. . ."

With a sigh, Telepathy looked back at his reflection, his tail going still beside him.

"I can't stop thinking about what happened," he said after a little while of silence.

"That's all? Why didn't you just talk to me about it?"

"I couldn't bring myself to say anything. . ."

"Well, talk to me now. Please?"

Telepathy sighed again, figuring there wouldn't be a point in arguing with Tye. His violet eyes shut tight.

"It's just- I almost lost you. . ."

Tye's tail drooped, almost like it was mimicking his ears. One of his ribbons wrapped around Telepathy's tail.

"But you didn't right? Isn't that what matters?" Tye-Dye said, sitting down beside him.

"I guess. . ."

The Sylveon leaned against Telepathy, catching him a little off guard. "You aren't gonna lose me, so stop thinking about it, okay?"

His eyes opened, and he looked at Tye. He felt like crying, about what he did not know. Tye-Dye tilted his head, another one of his ribbons wrapping around Telepathy's paw. Telepathy opened his mouth to speak, but was interrupted by loud barking. They both stood up, running toward the sound when they heard something yelp in distress. 

In the distance, they saw a Mega Houndoom and a Lillipup. The Lillipup was cowering against a tree, swiping its little paw at the Houndoom in an act of self-defense. Tye-Dye sped forward, Telepathy right behind him. They ran in front of the smaller canine, pushing the bigger one back. The Mega Houndoom backed up a few steps, growling. Something on its back moved, and two wings spread. Telepathy's eyes widened, taking in the sight of Mega Charizard X wings on a Mega Houndoom. They were red instead of blue, but definitely Mega Charizard X wings. 

"Back off!" The Houndoom warned, walking forward a step with a threatening growl.

"No way! You were trying to hurt the poor Lillipup!" Tye protested, and the bigger dog took another step forward.

Telepathy looked over at the Lillipup, then at Tye and the Houndoom. He tapped Tye-Dye with his paw.

"I'm going to Teleport us out of here," he whispered, and the Sylveon nodded. 

The Espeon stood in between Tye-Dye and the Lillipup, using Teleport and surprising the Mega Houndoom. It lurched forward, snapping at them. Its jaws clamped down on nothing as they Teleported away. They ended up in their friend, Liana's, room. She was lying on her bed, her phone in her hand and Curiosity, her Fennekin, lying next to her. She looked up when they heard a slight 'thump' noise from them landing. 

"Telepathy? Tye-Dye?" Liana said, sitting up in her bed and slipping her phone in her pocket. "What are you guys doing here?"

"There was a weird Houndoom attacking this Lillipup," Tye-Dye said, nudging the Lillipup toward her.

It barked in protest, and it was shaking. Liana climbed out of her bed and lifted the little dog up, trying to calm it down.

"By weird, what do you mean?" She asked, stroking the Lillipup's back.

"It was Mega Evolved, and it had red Mega Charizard X wings," Telepathy said, jumping up on Liana's bed and sitting down next to Curiosity. 

"It had Charizard wings?" She responded, confusion spreading across her face. "I should tell Arceus about this. . ."

Tye-Dye nodded at Liana's words, Curiosity and Telepathy doing the same. She beckoned Curiosity over, and they walked out the door together. Telepathy followed her, Tye close behind. They hadn't been to Arceus' floating castle in a long time, and it felt weird. He hadn't come after them since they got away so long ago, but it still made Telepathy nervous. When something touched his tail, he nearly jumped through the roof.

He turned around to see Darkrai floating along behind them, his blue gaze piercing. With a sigh, Telepathy stopped to talk to him, letting the others go ahead. Tye-Dye sent him a questioning glance, and he motioned for him to keep going. The Sylveon nodded and trotted to catch up with Liana and Curiosity.

"What do you want, Darkrai?" Telepathy asked, not sure if he had the patience to talk to the Nightmare Pokémon.

"I want to know why you're here," Darkrai said. Well, not really said, most Legendary Pokémon use telepathy.

"We're here because we have a problem that Arceus might be able to fix," he explained.

"What kind of problem?"

"Does it matter? I need to catch up with Liana and the others."

"Whatever. I'll just ask Liana later."

"Why would she tell you anything?" Telepathy said, his tail lashing back and forth.

"We're practically partners now. Why wouldn't she tell me?"

Telepathy looked up at him, confused. Partners? Since when were they partners?

The Espeon just shook his head, dismissing the thought and turning to trot back to the others. When he glanced back, Darkrai was gone.

That Pokémon sent shivers down his spine. Sure, he was the Nightmare Pokémon and all, but that wasn't why. He could appear pretty much anywhere, so long as shadows exist in that area, and it's scary to think about how he can watch you without you knowing. Telepathy shivered just thinking about it, then shook himself out as if that would shake the possibility of Darkrai watching him. He sprinted to the main chamber of the castle, and saw Liana talking to Arceus.

Taking a few trotting steps into the room, Arceus turned to look at Telepathy. He slowed to a stop and returned the legendary Pokémon's burning gaze. 

"Telepathy," Arceus greeted. "Liana told me about your  strange encounter. It is true?"

"Yes," Telepathy responded, "It was definitely strange. . ."

Arceus looked at him for a second longer before turning his view to Liana. "Liana, I want you to investigate further."

Liana nodded, thus dismissing Arceus who teleported away. She looked over at Tye-Dye and Telepathy, nodding to them once before heading back to her room for the night. Telepathy padded over to Tye.

"Should we help Liana tomorrow?" He asked, his split tail sweeping across the ground.

Tye-Dye nodded, his strangly colored ribbons waving in the air. "It's only fair, we're the ones who came to her, but we should head back home for now. It's pretty late."

Telepathy nodded once in agreement, touching his paw to Tye's and Teleporting them back to their Eeveelution cave.

|Oh? What's this? The sequel that nobody really asked for or wanted? Yup, that's it! XD Hope you enjoyed this chapter of When Hybrids Show :3 |