Chapter 10: Blackout

~Scott~

I was cursing myself for not pulling Isaiah off that damned obstacle course when he came down on his ankle. He should neverhave continued running on it, damnit!

Micah and Wes put Isaiah on the couch.

"Get those pillows and put them under his ankle, let's get it elevated," I told them as I went and grabbed my first aid kit from the storage room. My first aid kit was vastly different than most people's but I wasn't concerned with the more non-traditional additions to my first aid kit. I dug around, taking a few things out.

"Lesia, can you grab that bag of frozen peas in the freezer?" I called as I kept searching. It was in here somewhere, Bingo! I pulled the elastic bandage out of the kit, grabbed up the bottle of Ibuprofen and a couple additional things and went to tend my patient. Our normally sweet Isaiah was cursing a blue streak when I sank to the floor in front of the couch.

"Grab a glass of water," I instructed to no one in particular as I popped open the pills and shook two of them out into my hand. I passed them over and Isaiah shot me a grateful look that I almost missed when I felt Lesia's breath on my ear.

"Peas?" She said, making it sound more like a question than a statement. A shiver ran down my spine and I grabbed the bag of frozen peas over my shoulder.

"Baby, can you please go sit over there," I begged as I pushed my glasses up my nose and pointed to the bunks, "on the other side of the room. You are far too distracting." I was muttering but I couldn't have cared. I figured I might have some ruffled feathers to soothe over later but right now I was totally focused on Isaiah and his injured ankle.

Micah came back and handed over a glass of water to Isaiah, who downed his pills and handed it back. I laid the peas on his calf while I gently pressed around the swollen area. I also noticed some rather colorful bruising beginning to show.

"AH! Fuck, Shit!" Isaiah nearly came off the couch and I cursed, releasing his foot. I moved the peas over his swollen ankle and stood.

"Okay, damn it. I really wished you'd listened to me. I was pretty sure you just had a mild sprain originally but you clearly aggravated the injury by continuing to run on it and the swelling has gotten worse." I fiddled with my glasses, adjusting them needlessly. "We need to get a x-ray to be sure you didn't break it, though I don't think you did. Still better safe than sorry. Okay, twenty minutes on those peas and then I'm gonna wrap it. And don't even think of getting off that couch right now. If you need to so much as piss you call one of us to help you." Isaiah nodded and Wes tucked a pillow behind him so he could rest.

The cabin door opening got my attention and I straightened as the guy from the Spartan course came in. What the hell was his name? I couldn't remember but I did know that he was a bit too friendly with Lesia for my liking. His eyes scanned the room and lit up when they found Lesia lounging on my bunk. Wait. On my bunk? She sat up and smiled at him and I had a sudden urge to shove him out the damn door but I restrained it. Instead, I moved over to where Lesia was now standing and grabbed her hand. I pulled her against my side, tucking her under my arm and glaring at the guy whose name I still couldn't remember.

"Can we help you?" I bit the words out and could feel the surprised stares of Lesia and the boys at my obvious rudeness. The guy's grin never faltered.

"Yeah, I told Lesia I'd be by. How's your teammate?" He asked as he leaned against the counter. His grinned seemed to widen a bit as he took in me and Lesia and I scowled more.

"He'd have been a whole lot better if he'd listened to medical advice, the stubborn shit," I replied. I was lucky to be able to talk at all because Lesia had curled into me and was her hand down my ...? I jerked when Lesia squeezed my butt. Yep, that was her hand down the back of my pants. I felt my eyes go wide a bit and my breathing get shallow. What the hell had possessed me to think that coming over here and grabbing Lesia was a good idea? I felt the press of lips on my neck and every coherent thought I'd had to that point fled. And then she was gone. Somewhere in my mind I registered seeing her step away and move toward the counter, perching on one of the stools there.