Chapter 11: Better than I know myself

This goes not only with this chapter but I feel it's kind of Scott's song in general.

"LESIA!" The shout was accompanied by a loud banging on the bedroom door. Despite knowing he couldn't see me, I flipped the door off.

"Fuck off, Riley!" The pounding stopped and I rolled back toward the wall, pulling the cover back over my head. Less than five minutes later, the cover was being yanked off. I shot out of bed, shooting daggers out of my eyes at Riley, or well, wishing I did anyways.

"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO TO YOUR HAIR?"

Shit. I'd forgotten about that. I ran a hand through my freshly shorn hair. The lady at the salon had tried to talk me out of it when I told her how short I wanted to cut my waist length hair.

"I don't answer to you. You aren't my father, you aren't my brother. You aren't anything!" I was screaming at the end. I grabbed one of the stuffed animals on my bed and threw it at him. He caught it, tossing it aside as he glared at me.

"Get out!" I screeched, picking up another stuffed animal and throwing it. He ignored it this time, letting it bounce off his chest as he stalked toward me.

"Get out! Get out! Get out!" I kept screaming and throwing things but he just kept coming until he grabbed me and pulled me into him. I beat on his chest but he grabbed my wrists in one hand.

"Stop it, Lee-Lee. Do you think this is what your dad would've wanted? I promised him I'd take of you. That doesn't stop because he died. You're not getting rid me."

I sobbed and crumpled into him.

~Lesia~

Micah and Wes moved like they'd been shot from a cannon when Scott crumpled. I was just grateful he'd already been sitting on the floor. It took everything in me to not panic as I watched Scott's unconscious form get picked up by Micah and moved to his bunk.

"What the hell just happened?" Ben demanded. I refused to take my eyes off Scott and moved toward him as I responded.

"I don't know," and that thought scared me a bit.

"Panic attack." I swiveled to face Wes and he must have seen the questioning look on my face cause he went on, "Lacey has them."

I had known Lacey had issues with social anxiety and panic attacks but I had never seen one before and I had no idea what to do about them. I sat on the bunk and brushed some stray hair off Scott's forehead, then giggled when it fell right back down. A hand closed softly around my wrist, startling me and I glanced at Scott's face to see him blinking groggily at me.

"What are you...?"HIs voice was barely audible, slightly slurred. His chest heaved as he made a small noise and dropped his hand like it suddenly weighed a ton. I sighed softly and pressed a light kiss to his cheek. He made another small noise and turned away from me, curling into himself.

"Scott?" What the hell? Why was he turning away from me?

"Please, Lesia," His voice was still soft and shaky, "just go." Stunned I backed off to the counter near where Ben still stood, watching everything. Wes moved in and took my place and I watched as they talked quietly for a minute, hurt lacing through me. He'd never turned me away before. I just wanted to be there, taking care of him, holding him. Wes got up and walked over to the table where Scott had left his med stuff, picked up the ibuprofen and grabbed a glass of water before taking both back to Scott. When Scott sat up to take the meds, our eyes met briefly before he dropped his gaze to the bed. Color rose in his cheeks and it suddenly hit me. He was embarrassed, not to mention he looked exhausted and on the verge of tears. I didn't know what was going on, but I had a feeling it had something to do with the stick up his ass and why he was so focused on being Team Lead. Yeah, that hadn't escaped my notice. Well, I wasn't going to let him push me away over this. Scott fell back on the bed and curled up and I watched and waited until I saw his breathing even out. I didn't notice when Ben left, or when Micah and Wes followed shortly after. I just made my way over to my boy and crawled onto the bunk, curling around him and pulling him into me. No, I wasn't about to let him go. I'd let him sleep, but then we were going to talk.