Hey There, Neighbor | m.c

Background: Surprise, surprise; this story/fan fic is inspired by another song. The song that inspired this beauty is 'Mrs All American' by 5 Seconds of Summer. Now, this story had a bit of a longer run of inspiration than my Calum fan fiction (me being a Michael girl is probably to blame) so it saw the light of day for two completed chapters and one drafted third chapter. The first chapter was posted (or last edited) on October 28, 2014. The story stood at 324 reads, 34 votes, and 19 comments. Thank you to the amazing people who were very excited for the story to continue and loved how it was going. My apologies for always starting stories that I could never finish.

-

One.

"Michael, maybe you should stop playing that noise for once in your life and go make some friends!" I hear my mother shout over the roar of my electric guitar. I chuckle so myself as I unplug it from my amp, setting my guitar back on its stand in the corner of my room before hopping down the steps.

"Happy? Now I'm bored." I complain, holding my arms out before dropping them to my sides.

"The new neighbors just moved in." She tells me, fixing something up in the kitchen. It better be for me because I'm starving.

"So?" I shrug, more focused on finding out what she had made that smelled so well, cookies, maybe?

"So... go welcome them to the town, make a new friend; I believe they have a kid your age. Oh, and don't forget to give them this." She says, turning around, revealing a fresh plate of chocolate chip cookies. "Michael!" She says louder which brings me out of my daydream of scarfing down that entire plate.

"What?" I ask, reaching for a cookie but she smacks my hand out of the way.

"Go." She urges, pushing me towards the front door. "Make some friends." She says.

I scoff, "Mom, I have friends." I mumble.

"Fine, go make a normal friend." She counters and I chuckle.

"Ash, Cal, and Luke are normal..." I respond and she pauses, giving me an 'are you serious?' look. "Yeah.. you're probably right." I laugh.

"Now go..." She says, opening the door and handing me the plate.

"Fine." I groan, walking out the house before she closes the door. I walk down the sidewalk, peeling the plastic off of the top of the plate, scarfing down most of the cookies rather quickly. I grab the last few cookies and stuff them into my mouth as I walked up to the freshly painted white door, ringing the doorbell.

The door knob turns a couple of times before the door swings open, revealing the hottest girl I have ever seen in my entire life. "Oh, Um.. Hello." She says, with a surprised look on her face.

I quickly wipe off the crumbs from my face with the back of my hand, and clear my throat, ruffling my bright green hair up a bit. "Hey there, neighbor." I say, giving her the sexiest smile I can pull off, after just eating an entire plate of cookies.

"Valerie, Dear, who's at the door?" I hear someone ask from inside the house.

"Valerie, huh? That's a pretty name.." I smirk and see a light blush appear on her cheeks.

"Um, Our new neighbor.." She calls back, and looks me over quickly. I made no move to try to hide the fact that my eyes wandered down her body slowly. After a few silent seconds of basically just staring at each other, a woman who I assume is her mother, came into view.

"Oh, Hello." She says with the same surprised look on her face that her daughter had. What? Had these people never seen dyed hair and piercings before?