Only Time Will Tell | l.h (OMATN SEQUEL)

Background: This story was a sequel to my most popular fan fiction on Wattpad, 'One Minute, And The Next' which currently stands at 22.6k reads, 451 votes, and 79 comments. Now thankfully, I completed that story and completely ran that concept dry. I wasn't the most experienced writer when I started writing that book and completed it, so I'm not particularly fond of how that turned out but, it got such an amazing response that I could've never imagined it getting. After finishing the story the way that I had planned too, I did have a couple ideas in mind about what would happen to my characters in the story/fan fic. So, I acted upon impulse and created a sequel. Clearly, it should've just become an epilogue since I only got one full chapter in and half of one drafted chapter. In my head, my idea for the sequel was clear, and came easy to write but, as it happens a lot with me, I didn't have enough ideas that I felt could continue on for a whole other book. So, I gave up on the book before it ever really began. For the short time that the book was up, it stood at 19 reads, and 2 votes. It was posted on/ last updated on July 21, 2015.

-

Chapter 1

Three years.

It's been three years since I've gone and created a new life for myself in New York City.

The city's been good for me. It was the fresh start that I was looking for and thankfully I have found it. When I first landed, it wasn't all sunshine and happy days. I didn't know anybody, and moreover; I didn't know where to start.

After I had first landed, I caught a cab, which was harder than I thought. Who knew getting a cab would be so similar to fighting in the Hunger Games. When I finally caught one, I asked the man who was smoking a cigarette and casually playing some music in a language I didn't understand, if he could drive me to the nicest hotel he knew. And then I asked him for a cigarette because apparently you cannot smoke on planes.

The man denied me a cigarette so I made him stop at a store on the way there. Thanks to my small college fund, I didn't need to be stingy in this new life, at least until this money ran out.

I hop out the cab, with the meter still running so I tried to make it quick. I grab a pack if cigarettes, grab a few energy drinks, some skittles, cup noodles, and ice cream, because why not; and toss everything onto the counter. The man behind the counter takes his sweet ass time to ring me up, but when he finally does, I give him 30 bucks and let him keep the change. I quickly grab the bags and make my way back to the cab and continue the journey to a fancy hotel in the city.

I looked out of the window, like a little kid. I was amused by all the fancy buildings and large billboards and signs. I take a deep breath, enjoying this little taste of my new life so far.

Eventually the cab made it to the fanciest hotel in the city. I paid the cab driver way too much money for the cab fare before taking my duffle bags of belongings and the bags from the store, and walk into the hotel to make my reservation.

This hotel was defiantly fancy, but if I wanted to stay here, all the money I had left would be just enough to pay for one night.

So, I wind up fighting to the death for another cab in which I asked the man to take me to a hotel that was nice, but wouldn't make me go bankrupt.

Thankfully one of those nice and affordable hotels existed, and I was dropped off yet again.

I make my reservations for a week, and figured I'd add onto my stay if I didn't find any place to stay. I was hoping I would be able to see Amy soon. She was my best friend back in my old life, and I was devastated when she moved out here. I called her on my way to the airport and we caught up a lot. She agreed that she would want to help show me around and get started on making a life for myself in this very new setting.