seven

•seven•

Levi Spencer

"Wake up shithead." I heard my annoying, fourteen year-old brat of a brother yell as he shook me awake. I groaned and shoved him away. He let out a girly screech as he fell to the ground which made me smirk softly. I sat up straight and looked at the clock hanging on my wall.

"What do you want Carter? It's five in the morning on a school day! I have like one more hour." I yelled and pulled the covers over my head.

"Mason and Jason won't stop screaming at each other and I can't take it anymore! Do something about it!" He begged me desperately. I sighed and dragged myself out of bed. Unlike any normal twins, Mason and Jason were nothing alike. They constantly fought but much to the whole family's annoyance, they never separate from each other. Mason usually started all the arguments and fights they had. Since my parents worked a lot, I would be called down to their school multiple times for his behavior. Jason on the other hand, had a big anxiety problem and never did anything even remotely troubling. It was times like this that I wished my older sister was still here to take care of everything. As soon as she left for college, all the responsibilities were passed down to me.

I made my way towards their room and winced at their shrilling yells. My head was killing me already. The twins were fighting over something completely stupid and they wouldn't let me sleep until it was settled. I pushed their door open to see Mason shoving Jason into his closet and holding the door shut. I heard Jason's desperate cries as he tried to push the door open. Jason was afraid of the dark and confined spaces. His yelling soon turned into heavy breaths. He was having one of his many panic attacks. I quickly ran into the room and shoved Mason out of the way ignoring his cries of protest. Jason ran out of the closet and tackled Mason to the ground. I let a huge groan and grabbed mason by his shirt.

"Mason you know that you can't scare Jason like that. I had zero sleep and I can't deal with this right now. Go to bed, both of you, or I will throw your pokemon cards out the window." The ten-year olds nodded quickly and hopped on to their separate beds. I made way towards Jason's bed and looked down at him. His Raven, unkempt hair that the whole family had inherited covered his emerald eyes that he got from our father. His nose and cheeks were tinted red from all the fighting.

"I'll go make you some chamomile tea before I had back to bed okay?"

"Thank you." He mumbled. Mason groaned.

"He's fine!" I ignored him and left the room. A wave a regret washed over me when I thought of the warm bed I could be on instead of making tea. I walked through the many halls of my house and downstairs to the kitchen. Both of my parents were born with wealthy parents. When my mom got pregnant at sixteen they had nothing to worry about like a lot of people did. It also helped that my mom decided to be a lawyer and my dad a surgeon. As soon as I born ,their third child, they bought this house. The huge space was very much needed with all the kids my mom gave birth to and all the relatives they invited over. My parents constantly donated to charities and helped as much as they could. They thought that people that were better off should be helping people in need. There should not be any reason not to.

The sweet smell of bacon invaded my nose when I entered the kitchen. Our nanny, Denise, was humming softly as she flipped a pancake and a placed it on the already huge stack of cooked ones. I tiptoed behind her and reached for a piece of bacon. Before I could snatch it, she spun around and slapped me with the spatula.

"Ow that's hot!" I moaned and rubbed my forehead.

"You can eat some when it's all done." She scolded.