Dead

AN: hey, this is my first story, so it won't be as good as the other stories you have read, but i will try my best. I do not own PJO nor HOO. Hope you enjoy!
~R.

The war against Gaia had begun, the air was cold against Percy's skin and the thickness of it made breathing hard. He treaded carefully on the field, watching his every step so as to not fall into the traps that had been set. One miscalculation and his blood would unleash the goddess.

The fog made it hard for him to see, and every second where he couldn't see or hear his friends fed the anxiety that was steadily growing inside of him.

Through the thickness he could tell that
Jason was fighting a Lastrigonian. Percy knew first hand what a skilled swordsman Jason was, yet he couldn't help but join him in his fight. Jason slashed through the monster's ribs as Percy grabbed one of his wrists and cuffed it to a tree. Together they charged and finished it off, only golden dust left where the creature once was.
-"Nice teamwork, dude" Jason stretched out his hand to shake Percy's, but they were soon interrupted by a distant scream.

A look of terror crossed Percy's gaze as they ran to the scene. Another scream was heard and they realized that the only ones left standing where the seven demigods from the prophecy. All of them except for Annabeth. Everyone's attention was drawn to the place from where the sound had come: Gaia had captured the daughter of Athena.

In the midst of all the chaos, Percy had somehow been subdued by Procrustes. His worry for Annabeth had left him defenseless and distracted and he was now tied up next to her.

"The time has come for the sacrifices to be made. " Gaia's said with a laugh, her raspy voice echoing in everyone's heads. "I knew you would fail to stop me, I always knew. You are all a stupid excuse for grandkids. Rest assured that your deaths will bring upon the world a new era and the wretched Gods you know will be no more."  Annabeth tried to mask her fear with a stern, unreadable look.

The goddess paced around the area and finally made her way next to Annabeth. "I guess I will start with you" she said as she methodically fiddled with a knife next to Annabeth's neck. Cold sweat slid down the young girl's forehead as Mother Earth pressed the sharp, cold metal against her skin.

The action was interrupted by a massive wave thrusting upon everyone.
The time earned, allowed Annabeth to run to her friends, not noticing that the son of Poseidon had stayed back, fighting Gaia on his own.  The fierce halfblood attacked the Goddess in all the ways he could: close combat, control over water and his never-ending comebacks, but he had grown tired, and as Percy concentrated on the waves, Gaia managed to slash through his chest with her knife.
His legs failed to keep him standing and he dropped to the ground.
"Percy!" Annabeth yelled, she tried to get to his now dying boyfriend, but Gaia had stuck everyone's feet to the ground, making them unable to move.
With his last energies, Percy managed to summon a wave powerful enough to fade Mother Earth and as she dissolved into the depths of Tartarus, she warned the godlings of her return.
Water engulfed young Perseus as he let go of his final breaths, hoping his father's domain would heal him.

When his friends finally got rid of the vines and mud that had kept them from moving, they frantically started serching for son of Poseidon.

"Oh my gods" -said Frank as he desperately tried to pull something from under the water- "I- I think I found him."

The son of Mars dived into the water, and although every muscle in his body was throbbing with pain, he came out carrying Percy's limp body.
"Oh gods, oh my gods! Guys! GUYS" hurried Hazel as she saw her boyfriend carrying what appeared to be Percy.

The rest of the group ran towards them and the spawn of Athena fell to her knees.
"Percy. Percy! Come on, wake up, tell me this is a sick joke, please just be alive, just-"
"Move! Make way!" Will Solace intercepted as he came through. He laid his first aid kit on the floor, took out a small book, and examinated Percy's body. Things weren't looking too good. He tried a few chants and also ambrosia.  "Come on... come ON!" He pleaded, but nothing seemed to work.
Percy Jackson was dead.
The savior of Olympus was dead.
D e a d.
"I... I am sorry... There was nothing I could do.." His voice cracking with every word.
"What do you m-mean there was nothing you could do?" Threatened Annabeth.
"I am so sorry... he... Annabeth, Percy is gone."
"Gone? Gone as in dead? You must be kidding. No! No...I can't do it without him... no!" Annabeth fell on her knees as she delicately traced Percy's limp, unmoving... lifeless body.