Hospital bed

Percy's head throbbed in pain. He wanted so bad to open his eyes and to scream, but he couldn't, he couldn't even focus. Was he trapped? He had to get to Annabeth. He tried to move but he couldn't, suddenly he heard a rather familiar voice.

"I don't know if he'll be able to wake up" said Will's voice, almost as if speaking into his mind.

Now Percy remembered. He had just discovered he was well, him, and he proceeded to save the world for the millionth time in a row, getting almost killed again. As he fought the titans, one of Gaia's vines pierced his skin and a red liquid started pouring out of it.

Suddenly a burning sensation washed over his body. Poison. He had been poisoned.

With all his strength he tried to open his eyes but he couldn't, over and over again he tried, but failed every time.
He lost track of time soon, but in apparently no time someone entered the room.

Whomever it was, sat on the bed and grabbed Percy's hand.

"Annabeth", he thought.

Her cool hands shivered as she touched his. She was too scared to even think of losing him again. She cleared her throat and began:

"Seaweed brain...oh, Percy. I- i really have missed you. When...when I realized you were, well you, I was so happy, truly, but then I saw that you weren't actually yourself and I got really worried, then you revealed that you hadn't been controlled by them and I couldn't keep but smile, I was worried about you, because for a moment I thought I lost my mind, seeing a ghost or something, but it was actually you. I was so glad and angry at the same time. But still, you were okay and that was all that mattered...until... Until now. Percy I can't do this without you, I can't live without you. I have tried, Percy, I've tried... I... uh... It has been very difficult for me to get going and too painful to remember, and now you're here, lying on a bed, still, pale, almost peaceful. And I can't have the certainty that you will wake up. I-i don't even know why I'm here, Will told me to let you rest. I-I'm sorry."
She said, her voice weak, and her eyes puffy and red.

Annabeth left the room and Percy felt so bad. He wanted to hold her tight and tell her everything was okay... but it wasn't because he couldn't even open his eyes.

He tried and tried until eventually his eyes fluttered open.

He gasped for air as if he hadn't breathed in years. He tried to get up but he found himself too weak to do it, so he decided to rest for a while, alone, without saying a word.