[EdVy] Agressive Aloe Vera Plant™ decides to play god

Fanart by crucified-serpent on Tumblr.

Yep, this is gonna be a long one, folks. I went a little overboard... >///<

[this ship is v cute, but can sometimes be problematic, so I'm going to write this one to be non-abusive and non-sexual. Enjoy a non-problematic version of this ship for now, kouhais! Also, this takes place before Ed & Al get their bodies back. I mean, not that this takes place on a timeline anyway.]

"Ha! I beat you again, Envy!" Edward proudly put his hands on his hips. "You're getting out of shape!"

The homunculus crossed his arms. "That's only because I let you win, Pipsqueak."

For once in his life, Ed dismissed the comment. He was still heavily panting, while Envy hadn't broken a sweat. "Yeah, yeah."

"Can I go now? I gave you your little 'sparring' session."

Ed shrugged, apparently satisfied. "Sure."

"Buh-bye, Fullmetal." Envy gave his cheeky grin and waved before running off.

"Brother, why do you like to practice with him? Isn't he kind of... our enemy?" Alphonse appeared from the sidelines (where he was cheering his brother on) and praised the other Elric for his succession.

"Well, I know how you fight, Al. I can read you better. And the other homunculi... They would probably actually kill me." Ed scratched his head. "Envy's weird. He's not going to kill me, and I can sense that." He dramatically pointed at Alphonse. "Plus, I have you here to spot me in case anything goes wrong!"

Al gave the 'sup son' ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ shrug in response, earning a playful punch in the arm from his brother. [No one can stop me from meming in my fics, no one]

Ed and Alphonse wandered off to grab lunch, but Envy was long gone. It felt like some sort of trivial game for him. He had no idea why Ed would want to shape up his skills with him of all people. He looked behind him from the high building he was perched on.

"There's something wrong with that kid." He sighed. "He's never gonna beat me unless he kills me." At this moment, Envy learned a new feeling other than... Well, envy, and that would be confusion.

He shook his head and continued on his way. He really had no place to go, but he was probably expected to be underground sooner or later. If the rest of the homunculi caught onto his training sessions with Ed, they would probably revoke his entire existence.

Contrarily, the Elric brothers were headed toward Rush Valley. Beating Envy twice didn't negate the fact that Ed was in need of an automail checkup. It was a short walk to Winry's shop, and once there, the two received smushy hugs from their childhood friend.

Winry stepped back and crossed her arms. "Were you doing stupid things? Is that why you're here?"

Al gave his brother a look that said, Don't lie to the automail mechanic!

"No, I haven't." Ed rubbed the back of his neck while his face turned a light pink.

"Mmm?" She leaned forward to get a closer look at the metal-limbed boy. "I should hope not. You guys worry me sick!"

Winry smiled and sat her client down in one of the chairs. "All of your bolts seem to be in place..." She moved his arm. "No oil needed... Nothing's missing... Wow, Elric. Looks like you won't even need to be put together! Your careless ass must be watching out! I'll just tighten a few of your bolts and you'll be good, m'kay?"

"Yeah, okay." Ed replied. He was still reading the newspaper with his left hand.

As Winry screwed in and replaced a few screws here and there, she could feel a bit of blood rush to her face. Working on Ed's automail was just work, but she couldn't help have feelings for him after all of the childhood years they spent together.