5

Shawn's Point of View:

"What? Surprised to see me?" His smirk thickened making my blood boil.

"What in God's name are you doing here in Pickering?" I hissed, my hands immediately balling into fists at my side.

"I thought I'd pay my old pal a visit." His face held a smile but the darkness that overshadowed his eyes showed that he was anything but happy to see me and I can honestly tell you that the feeling was mutual. "Why so gloom though?" He cocked his head to the side, his eyes blazing with humor.

"Cut to the chase Cole," I snapped, skipping the bullshit and getting right to the point. He was all about mind games and I wasn't in the mood to play. "Clearly you're here for another reason other than to say hello."

"You're right," He nodded, fire dancing in his eyes. "I'm here with my boys." And exactly on cue as if they had planned this, three other guys emerged from behind.

"Let me guess," I humorlessly laughed, taking this all in, "you guys are the, and I quote, Snipers?" I cocked a brow, amusement tinted in my words as I bit back the laughter that was crawling up my throat, desperate to release itself.

"You are correct, Shawn Mendes." He clapped his hands obnoxiously. "And you guys are the, and I quote, Kings right?" He mocked, staring behind me towards Ian, Brian and Andrew all of whom stood behind me, confused as to what was going on right now.

I bowed my head trying so hard not to burst out laughing but it was so hard considering they had walked in here as if this was some type of movie we were filming. It was corny as fuck and honestly unexpected of the idiot. I mean, you'd think he'd come in guns blazing. That would have been hella more entertaining than this.

"What the fuck is so diverting to you Mendes?" He spat, not pleased to see that I wasn't cowering away or the least bit intimidated by the other three that had made their way beside him.

I looked up at them, my eyes glowing with self-produced tears. "You fuckers," I paused, chuckling, "are fucking hilarious." It was my turn to smirk, a full mouthed smile shining through soon after. "I mean, you could have all just walked in." I stuffed my hands into the pockets of my jeans staring up at them through my lashes, "but, instead, you just decided to make a scene as if we were supposed to be threatened by you." Licking my lips, I shrugged. "I don't know about you guys," I gestured behind me towards Ian and them, "but I expected more out of you Santangelo." I turned to face him.

His jaw tightened and the muscles on his arms flexed from the amount of pressure he was putting on his fists. "I'd watch that mouth of yours Mendes—"

"Or what?" I challenged, pressing the tip of my tongue to the top of my lip, simpering sadistically.

He stepped forward, his body nearly surged to mine, anger radiating off of his body. "You don't want to know." He threatened his voice low and dark.

Getting right back in his face, I re-positioned myself, looking up at him with just the same amount of intensity he did, if not more. "I'd watch that mouth of yours Santangelo; you don't know where it might end you up."

"Like I'm scared of some little fucked up kid like you." Cole sneered in disgust, looking me up and down as if I were some kind of disease.

"Kid?" I questioned with a twist of my lips, "Evidently your mind is still set on four years ago when I busted your ass out of getting Vick's pay. Don't be pressed because some kid had run you dry of your money."

This seemed to have hit a soft spot because his whole demeanor changed and within seconds, he had my shirt curled into his hands, our noses a feather away from each other. "You've got quite the aperture on you, Mendes." Cole muttered irately, the veins in his neck showing.