DB2- 9

It's been like a year since this book has been updated, but here you go!! Remember I don't write this bio, all credit to jileyyoverboard for this amazing story!!!!

"Everyone get down!"

"Oh my God,"

"Kelsey!"

"She's been shot!"

"Are you alright?"

"Move!"

"Call 911!"

"Are you alright?" Shawn repeated for the second time after coming over to Kelsey once the shots went off. It all happened so fast, one second he was standing there and then the next everyone was taking cover and running.

He had to get to her first, his jacket having covered her body as he threw her to the floor, his own hovering.

"Kelsey!" Tanner came running in her direction.

Shaking her head, she stayed mute, her body frozen in time. She couldn't believe it.

"Kelsey—" Shawn began, sitting back making sure she was okay.

"Baby—" Tanner continued, the two of them glancing at each other.

"No," she whispered, pushing them away with shaking hands to stand. She was startled, her eyes reaching every inch of the room until she landed on the one thing she never expected to see.

"Carly?" Tapping her face, John began to panic as he kneeled on the ground as her body followed suit along with him. He turned her onto her back, blood pooling from somewhere, but he couldn't tell from where. There was too much. "Baby, hey, hey... hey look at me," he patted his palm lightly against her cheek once he turned her back around.

"Stay with me," he continued to console her as she fell in and out of consciousness. "Stay with me, Carly." Tears engulfed his vision as he stared down at his wife – his wife, the term itself unable to register in his head. She was finally his and now there was a chance she was gone. "Don't go, baby." Squeezing his eyes together, John pressed his forehead against her shoulder as he sobbed, the shock radiating him numb. "Open your eyes."

"Is she breathing?"

"Where is he?"

"Who?"

"Fucking check her pulse!" Andrew yelled over the chaos, fighting to retrieve his phone from his pocket.

Looking up, Shawn couldn't believe his eyes as he soon followed after Kelsey, immediately taking her by the waist and pulling her behind him before reaching over and attempting to grab John.

"No!" he screamed at the top of his lungs, forcing Shawn off of him as he continued to touch Carly's face, trying his best to get a reaction out of her. She couldn't die. She couldn't die like this – they were supposed to grow old together. They were supposed to live their life, with kids of their very own and a house. They didn't get to start their life together yet.

They didn't get to start.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no," he proceeded to repeat, his hands shaking as they touched her face now smeared with her blood.

"You have to back off," Shawn urged, feeling his heart break for his best friend. He couldn't help but to put himself in his position.

"You fucking back off!" John barked angrily, afraid to let her go in fear that she would fall to pieces without him there to hold and protect her.

He had to protect her.

Shaking his head, Shawn took another step closer, hand still on his shoulder. "Let me check her pulse, let me help."
He hesitated for a moment before Shawn pulled on him once more. Doing a double take on him, John relentlessly allowed him to take over, blood all over his hands and chest.