DB2-4

Shawn's Point of View.

She's needy and it's getting on my nerves.

I used to love it. Having girls pawn all over me as if I were a trophy, it made me feel on top of the world. I could get any girl you wanted, when I wanted, despite belonging to someone else or not and it wouldn't have made a difference because they were all the same to me.

They were all just a time to pass knowing I would have to wake and deal with shit after. It wasn't always easy but forgetting for a night seemed worth it.

Thinking back, it all seems so pointless.

Maybe I would have met her sooner. Maybe I could have given her a better life.

Maybe we would still be together.

I quickly shake the thought away once she begins talking, bringing me back to the now. I try to obtain the fact that I had asked her to come with me, a stupid decision on my part, but I make no move to stop it.

I saw red. No matter what I did or what I tried to convince myself, I saw red. I wanted to ruin myself just like I ruined her.

"You're awfully hot when you're angry," her voice carried, further irritating me.

My jaw tightened.

"So... where are we going?"

I chuckled. "I thought you'd stop asking that by now."

"Nope, I'm still just as curious as I was before."

"Well that sucks for you because I'm still as stubborn as before and I'm not telling you so sit tight and relax babe."

Kelsey groaned. "I hate when you do this."

"Nah, you know deep down inside, you love it."

"Not really."

"Yes really."

"Nuh-uh."

"Uh-huh."

"Nuh-uh."

"You're impossible." She breathed out, crossing her arms against her chest as she slumped against my seat.

I grinned cheekily. "I won."

"Yeah, yeah..." She waved my hand dismissively.

"Aw, come on, don't be mad babe." I cooed arrogantly.

She shook her head. "Don't even start." She warned.

I chuckled. "Did I ever tell you how much of a turn on it is when you're angry?"

"Shut up."

"Come on," she leaned over and touched my knee.

I immediately froze, feeling dirty as I latched onto her hand causing her to look at me. "Don't touch me."

Removing her hand, she snatched it back, scoffing. "Kind of hard to do when the only reason I'm with you right now is because you want to fuck. Isn't that right?"

I ignored her.

It was hard looking at her or even touching her for that matter even when the things she said were true. I thought about how she would feel right now if she knew what I was doing, a sudden sickness enveloping me.

Given a year ago, I would have cut my hands off before I ever touched someone else.

Now, I managed to destroy everything before they had the chance to destroy me. A coping mechanism I had grown accustomed to.