Chapter Two

A New Home

Ashton's Pov

I sighed, content. A new home. With Dad and Emily. All we have to do is move into our new house, and I'll be home. I miss home. I miss it badly. I miss eating at the table with Emily and Dad. But now, I can finally do that. "Well...I should keep packing." I continue putting stuff into boxes. Looking around, I examined my box filled room. Most of my stuff were in boxes, besides the big furniture. My light gray eyes landed on a small music box. I furrowed my brows, staring at the little, music playing box. A painful, yet nostalgic memory came back. 

Shaking away that memory before it could resurface completely, I mumbled under my breath and continue packing everything into the provided boxes. 

~*Time skip because I don't want to write of packing stuff*~

After putting all of our stuff into the moving truck, Mom and I got into our car and started on our way. Currently, I'm looking out the window and listening to music. I heard my mom sigh. Looking over at her, I took my headphones off. "What's up, Mom?" She frowned at the road. "What if Dad doesn't want us to stay there?" I could hear the stress in her voice. "You know, Maybe we should get a separate house..." I gently flicked her cheek. 

"Bad mom. Bad. You know Dad will be perfectly fine with us living with him. And if you two decide to wait a little before getting together, That's perfectly fine with me. We could even move out if you're uncomfortable with living in the same house as him. I promise." She was tearing up. "Honey, Do you really mean that? I know you have been waiting for a long time to move in with them. I know how much you missed them so I asked if we could move in...And then you say its okay if I'm uncomfortable...Honey, I love you." I smiled at her. "I love you too, Mom." 

~*Time skip because idk what else to do*~

Mom and I stare up at the huge house before us in complete silence. Dad came rushing out, big smile on his face. "Oh. So we didn't take a wrong turn." I mumbled. He laughed. "No son, This is your new home. Welcome home, Darling" He shifted his attention to Mom. They embraced, wrapping their arms tightly around each other, hoping to never let go again. They shared a passionate kiss, and I covered my face with my free hand. 

Hearing a joyful laugh, I uncovered my eyes to look towards the door. I could feel my expression change into a cheerful look. "Emily!" I immediately dropped my suitcase and tackled her, rubbing my face against hers. "I missed you, Lil sis!" She was laughing. "I'm the one supposed to be doing this to you, silly. But I missed you too, Big bro." We both hugged each other tightly. We had missed the other's presence way too much. We relied on each other greatly. 

"Dude. Come on. We're all going inside. It's gonna rain soon." Smiling at her small pout, I grabbed my suitcase and walked with her into the huge, mansion like house. I let Emily lead the way up to her room. "Since me and you are so comfortable with each other, Dad decided to give us this room. Well, We stay beside each other." She pulled open a door, revealing another room on the other side. I smiled and walked in. It had a bathroom and a walk in closet. 

"I'm guessing most of the rooms have these same things?" She nodded, walking into my new room and plopping down on the bed already there. "Ahh...There was a bed here already...." Emily nodded. "Yeah..Well, Now you don't need that lumpy, squeaky bed anymore." My pout evident, I glare softly at her. "Well, I'll have you know I wore that bed in just right! It fits my body perfectly. Your body is just too tiny to fit comfortably" She laughed at me. "Maybe you'll change your mind if you find out how soft these beds are. Its like sleeping on a cloud. I'm sure you'll love it, bro." She got up and walked over, pushing me towards the bed. 

I let out a small squeal as she pushed me down onto the bed. I shut up as I realized how comfortable this bed was. I felt guilty, knowing this bed immediately replaced my old one. Tears started to slip freely down my face. Emily stare at me, raising an eyebrow at my behavior. "Dude. Its just a bed. Its an inanimate object. It doesn't have feelings." She sat beside me and wiped away the tears. "B-But...It accepted me as its own. How am I going to tell it I replaced it with a softer bed?! I wore it out just perfectly. I worked for it." It was funny how I was reacting so badly. Emily laughed at me. "I'll tell it for you, Okay?" I nodded, sniffling softly as she wiped away my remaining tears. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Omg Ashton is too adorable sometimes like holy crap, also their sibling relationship is just adorable omg. Anyways, Sorry that its short. I always have to take breaks in between writing or I feel like it was all done for nothing and I start hating it. So yeah. I had a small writers block. Ummm yeah bye