Chapter 10: Pharaoh And Nephthys

The very next day, Neph had just called me and asked me if I would want to fang out with her right by The Nile River.
"Sure," I said to her and then asked just out of curiosity asked, "Is anyone else going to be coming with us as well?"
"Um," she replied, "No. It's just going to be you and I. You know, just so that we can fang out again like we always used to back in the old times, remember? Those days were amazing! Sometimes, I wish I could go back. Since I can't, we can just try to recreate those times and try to make them better. So what do you say, Pharaoh?"
     I smiled, "Okay. I'll meet you there, Neph." I was still smiling after we hung up. Why did I suddenly have a strange feeling in my stomach now? I started to feel butterflies.
     I thought about our kiss and... I sort of really, really, really liked it. Did I actually have a crush on Nephthys? No, I couldn't. I just simply couldn't. My ghoulfriend was Catty, the one and only ghoul who could ever set my heart racing.
But then all of sudden, when I answered the front door for Nephtys, my heart started racing too. I looked straight at her. She was so boo-tiful. She was wearing a sky blue dress and a headband to match with it. Her shoes were black slip-ons. She held a small purse that was also black. Her eyes were so pretty, as usual but this time they seemed even prettier and they were glistening in the summer-like sunlight.
     "Let's go," she smiled a really nice smile, and took my shaking and sweaty hand.
No Pharaoh, I thought to myself, Don't fall in love with her! You already love Catty! I couldn't help but to stare at Neph.
     "Hey Nepthys, can I tell you a little something?" I asked her as we were walking on the way to The Nile River.
     She looked at me with her pretty hazel eyes, "Yes, what is it, Pharaoh?"
     I coughed, "You look, uh, very pretty today."
     She gleamed a boo-tiful smile, "Aw, why thank you, Pharaoh."
     "You're welcome," I replied. I thought to myself again, I can spend as much time with her as I want but I just can't date her or kiss her. I already did though, ugh. Oh well, I guess I just won't do it anymore. It could ruin my whole life with Catty.
"Pharaoh," Nephthys said seriously, "Can I please ask you a little something?"
"Sure," I replied, "What is it? Just ask me anything, Nephthys."
     Neph sighed, "How do you actually feel about our kiss from last fright?"
     "I really don't know, Nepthys," I said, shaking my head a little bit, "It's just that I feel that it's really confusing how I feel about it. Also, you know, if Catty were to ever find out about it, our relationship together would be over forever. I would feel awful if she found out."
     "Pharaoh, tell me how would she really find out about our kiss." She seemed like she was starting to get a little bit mad at me.
     "I'm actually not sure at all," I replied, "but I don't wanna take any chances."
     "But Pharaoh, we've known each other for ages, literally," she told me, "And how long have you known this Catty Noir?"
I said to her, "Not that long! But, why should that even matter at all? It doesn't matter how long you've known someone. It's only all about how much you love each other."
"Pharaoh, I love you!" She said, angrily. Before I could even respond, she held my face and kissed me again. This time, this kiss lasted for a longer time.
     "Nephtys, no," I said very clearly and straight-forward, "I'm sorry, but this can't work. I already have a ghoulfriend." I walked off on my own back to my house.
I went into my room and plopped right down on my bed. Today, it felt more comfortable than ever. I missed Catty and I promised to her that I wouldn't replace her or find another ghoulfriend. I promised and I had to keep that promise. She would probably never trust me again if she found out about how I secretly felt about Nephthys.
I had to chose one or the other. Catty or Nepthys, Catty or Nepthys, Catty or Nepthys. Their names just kept swirling around my head with no stop. Would it ever stop? I couldn't think straight. I almost cried myself to sleep that night just like a little tiny baby. A baby with no problems. A baby who didn't have to chose between two ghouls that he loved for he was still young and innocent.

I woke up to the sound of my dad's voice a few months later.
"Pharaoh, wake up!" He had said to me, "Someone is here to talk to you."
     "Who is it?" I moaned. I was so tired. That was obviously because I couldn't sleep last night with all of those thoughts running through my brain.
My dad said, "You'll see. I think you'll like to find out on your own."
"Okay," I replied. I got up and stretched out. Then, I went to see who was here for me. It was probably Nepthys. She usually came over.
But it wasn't. A huge smile spread across my face. I couldn't believe who it was.
"Pharaoh!" Catty Noir smiled, running into my arms. "I missed you."