Chapter 3: Sparks

They ended up sedating me because I kept on screaming and kicking. I was out the entire time and when I woke up, still groggy, I was helpless.

They tied me to a bed.

I began to thrash like a wild animal, bile rising in my throat as I struggled to not let my memories come back.
My mind was flooded with years of abuse and being tied down made it worse. So much worse.

I screamed my voice raw and the man who found me came in and saw my predicament.

"Listen up. I will untie you if you promise not to run." He says calmly, but I am anything but calm.

"I promise!" I scream, tears streaming down my face. He quickly and deftly unties me and when I am free I let out a if breath of relief.

"I'm sorry, I was worried. You were scratching yourself." He tells me and I look away from his concerned gaze.

"Please, Master. I really just need to go." I say pitifully and he groans.

"Listen up, doll. My name is Dustin. Not Master. And as soon as I take you to the Alpha it will all be explained but let me tell you a few things."

I nod my head. Dustin. I liked it.

"You don't call anyone 'Master' or 'Sir' or any other shit like that. You call people by their names. So I'm Dustin, call me Dustin. The abuse that you obviously suffered from is wrong. You didn't and don't deserve that. Okay? And after we sort through this, I'm gonna hunt down the fucker and kill him."

I feel warm and I smile bit until he reaches the end and I pale.

"You can't kill him." I say and Dustin frowns.

"Why the hell not?" He asks angrily and I struggle to explain.

"Master is strong, too strong. He will kill you. It's inhuman how strong he is." At my words, Dustin's frown deepens.

"Alright. We will figure it out. What's your name?" He asks me and on autopilot, I respond.

"Slut, Master." Those words had been ingrained in my mind as a response to that question. Dustin growls and I cringe back, and curl up into my body.

"WHAT?!" He roars loudly.

I jump back a few feet and huddle away from him.

"No, honey, it's okay. I'm not angry at you." He whispers softly and it helps me calm enough to look at Dustin's soft brown eyes.

"Scarlett."

"What?" He asks.

"My name is Scarlett." I repeat and his eyes brighten.

"It suits you. Scarlett," he rolls my name around, " I like it."

"Anyways, Doctor Maxwell said that you are severely underweight, he had to stitch up your...cut. Also, he said we need to feed you a lot, and if you don't, you will go in a coma and probably..ah, die."

I listen to his words. Underweight, good. That means I'm how Master likes it. Stitches? Doesn't matter. And as for feeding me? Good luck. I'm not sticking around for this shit. Even if Dustin is nice. Kind of.

As soon as he takes his eyes off me, I'm out. I'm still too close, and staying in one spot ensured that Master would find me. I'm not dumb, I know this guy is faster and stronger than me. He just needs to slip up for one second.