Chapter 5: Find Me

Eventually, my frantic need to run away quieted and a new feeling arose. Fear. I have no idea where I am and I know Master is looking for me. Unfamiliar ground is bad ground.
I search through what seems like endless trees and twigs until I find a rocky cave, a bit off to the side. As the sun dips lower and the air cools, I sigh and resign myself to a night of cold in the cave, but cold is better than dead. So I suck it up and get as comfortable as possible in the freezing and wet cave. The rocks jut into my back uncomfortably and rats scurry on the floor.

Now that I'm sitting and rational, pain consumes me. My chest feels like a bonfire and it takes all my strength to not run back to him,

A drop of water drips from the ceiling and makes a noise every time it falls and I fear that another werewolf will hear it and discover me. I place my hand under the spot where the water drips to quiet the noise. The freezing water makes me even colder and my teeth chatter.  I rub my chest, hoping to ease the pain, with no results.
I close my eyes and convince myself I am warm and not hungry or thirsty. Being hungry, as Master told me, is a sin. A woman's join isn't to eat, but to please her Master. I grit my teeth and clench my fists and I'm so exhausted from all the running that somehow, I manage to sleep.

________

I wake up to voices and commotion and I am immediately alert and ready to run. I open my eyes slowly, not wanting to draw unwanted attention to myself and I recognize Dustin voice. The pain is terrible now and I can barely breathe.

"Scarlett, I'm going to have to hold you and take you back to the pack house, Alpha is going insane, he's torn down a few houses. Lettie, please be cooperative." Dustin says soothing but I shake my head, fear filling my heart.

"I can't." I tell him. He shakes his head and runs a hand through his hair. I want to, I wish to say, but I can't. I won't go back. I'll ruin everything, I always do.

"Listen Lettie, I don't want to have to restrain you, but I will. Alpha only wants what's best for you and he won't push you or anything. Hailey will tell you more, and I'm sorry if we pushed you too fast." He tells me and I struggle to find words to reply.

"Who else is here?" I ask timidly, panic rising in my chest. I can't handle more people. He squeezes my shoulder comfortingly.

"A few pack members." He replies easily and leads me out of the cave with am arm wrapped around my waist. Whether to comfort me or restrain me, I have no idea. I am greeted with the sight of four strong warriors and I don't think. I bite my lip and dart of Dustin's arms further into the forest. I hear him falling for me but ignore him.

All I can think of are the four men, strong and able to hurt me. I don't have to think, my body reacts for me.

Oomph. I am tackled go the ground and I grunt in pain and surprise.

"Lettie!" Dustin exclaims. "I am taking you back. Let's go." He orders and swings me into his arms and begins to run at a supernatural speed to the pack grounds. I focus on trying not to throw up and my fingers clench into his shirt. Even though I'm mad that he is taking me back, I'm glad it's him and not some random man.

When we arrive, I gasp. Trees lay on the floor, ripped from their roots mercilessly.

"Oh my god." I whisper, in awe. The pain in my chest eases slightly, and a sick part of me is happy that Xavier ripped these out, because it shows he cared I was gone. The rest of the me terrified and somehow, comforted, at this show of strength.

"Yeah," Dustin chuckles, fear trickling out in his tone, "Alpha didn't take your leaving well." I whimper in fear of what he will do to me and Dustin sighs.

"Lettie, he will never harm you, okay? Ever." I wish I could believe him.

He takes me to a large, grand house and opens the door without knocking.

"Alpha," he calls out, "I've got her." In less than a second, a black eyed, bloody, bruised, and tired Alpha stood before me. I looked down, shame filling me for no reason at all. Luckily, the pain disappears completely from my chest.

Dustin places me down at the warning growl Xavier gives him and I barely notice Dustin leaving as Xavier takes one step towards me. I gulp but don't move, too afraid to do anything.

"Scarlett." He breathes out reverently. "Come sit with me, please." He practically begs and against my better will, I comply. We sit on a plush couch and he just breathes in scent. I do the same to him, but hopefully not as obviously as him. He smells so masculine and strong and just delicious, I can't help it. Unconsciously, I lean into him and he lets out a purr of content that fills me completely happiness.

"Why did you purr?" I ask shyly and he chuckles.

"Because I'm pleased that you're so close to me, little mate." He says and blush profusely and lean away. He growls lightly and pulls me back to him gently.

"Why did you run?" He asks, pain filling his voice. I look down.

"I was overwhelmed, I guess. I-well, Hailey was talking about is being...mates," I blushed again, "and...I don't know..." I mumbled. He tilts my head so I'm facing him.

"Do you not want me as your mate?" He asks coldly and I try to look away but he doesn't let me.

"It's not that, I just..I just feel....." I trail off, a bit embarrassed.

"Yes?" He presses.

"Unworthy. Xavier, I'm broken. Look at me, I'm ugly. I'm fat and stupid and my skin is all scarred and I'm boring. I'm not pure, I'm a slut. I'm not good enough for you." I say and then press my lips together and try my best not to cry at the thought of a beautiful and strong girl standing by his side.

He pushes me onto my back and hovers over me.

"You are gorgeous. You are intelligent and beautiful. Whenever you feel comfortable, you can share what happened to you, but as long as I'm you're future, your past is just the past." He tells me and the tears spill over and he pulls me into his lap and I cry on his shoulder.

I sob for what feels like forever.

"C'mon," he says eventually, "let's go eat and get some meat on those bones." I wince at the thought of me being fatter that I am.
Maybe I'm ready to tell Xavier?