If No One Is Around To Hear

Another random short story don't mind me i'm bored:

Calloused fingers wrapped delicately around the nozzle of a half-empty, cheap beer bottle; the warm hand felt as if it were burning making contact with the cool glass. It burned with guilt, regret and grief. The guilt and regret of letting someone dear down and the grief of drowning back into bad habits. It burned even more when he actually took a swig from it, causing him to choke slightly and his eyes to water. He then merely held it up to examine it in the moonlight. His expression remained stoic as he suddenly smashed the bottle against the concrete floor. The boy shuffled back from the glass remains and leaned over the railing, tipsy eyes glazing over the city lights from the building roof he stood upon. While his expression was blank, tears still ran down his face.

"You let him down" he thought and he let out a choked noise. He wanted to scream, cry and just break down. Just crumble down and finally drown. Give up fighting this battle he knew he was going to lose. It was useless hoping, hoping for what? Hoping it'll just go away? Pretending it isn't there while it haunts the back of his mind, plaguing his dreams and his thoughts when he's finally alone. It'll always be there, there is no doubting it. Now he's finally broken down the only person willing to stick around.

He now sat on top of the railing, the wind picking up just barely pacing with the thoughts that whirled around in his mind. His tipsy state causing him to slowly and very subtly rock back and forth from his sitting spot on the railing. Dull, glazed over blue eyes stared down at the concrete 100 ft away from him; he smiled. It was small, broken and bitter; but a smile nonetheless. A croaked, raspy and mirthless laugh left him before he could process. The solution was just one push away from him and it would be easy. For a second he wondered what it would feel like. He started to rock back and forth more noticeably, as if testing the waters. His hands gripping the railing bar started to hold it more loosely. 

"What's the point?" He closed his eyes, "He'll break once he sees what you've done," He sniffed and could smell the alcohol and dried blood, "You're alone," He opened his eyes. He was now leaning fully over, his grip barely supporting him. 

"Will you make a sound?" 

He let go.

----------------------

Well that was fucking edgy.