Letter 6: Surprised to Get a Response from You

11/23/20XX

Dear Sadie,

I am literally shaking right now as I write this but I couldn't hold back my emotion when writing this. I knew I immediately needed to write back to you. I just read your letter 5 minutes ago and scrambled to get a paper and pen to write back. My eldest younger brother is looking at me right now. I am pretty sure he thinks I have lost it. I think I am about to cry myself. I haven't felt this way before in my life. Oh, wait hold on.

So, my brother got my parents and I had some sort of mini-intervention. They think something bad was happening when in reality my heart was so happy I couldn't contain myself. In turn, I had to explain what I have been doing for the past couple of weeks. It didn't reveal the contents of the letter or you but told the general story. My mom thinks it's really sweet I was even doing this kind of thing. My dad didn't expect it from me at all. They basically want to meet the girl I am so infatuated with. It was so embarrassing. You don't have to meet them, Sadie. Seriously, it would be so awkward.

Sorry for the chaotic intro. I was just so overwhelmed I had to write to you immediately. When I went to give you the fifth letter I was a bit surprised to see a letter there marked "To My Passionate Anonymous Person". I kid you not, I was sweating bullets. My first thought was thinking this was the end of the little thing I was doing. With a shaking hand, I took the letter from the locker door and pocketed it. I still posted your letter but I left hanging my head low because I thought it would be the last one.

When I came home, I locked myself in my room to read the letter. I won't lie and say I was really nervous. I came to really like writing these letters so I didn't want to stop now. You have made me the happiest guy in this universe Sadie. I tell you. The happiest.

I was so unsure how you would react to these letters. I hesitated to give you each one for fear you might not like them. To learn not only do you love them but you seem to be falling for me through them makes me happy beyond comparison. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you, Sadie! I love your letter and will cherish it forever.

To be honest, I never expected such a heartfelt letter from you. To think I would probably get politely turned down or something. Also, thank you for respecting my anonymity. I was kind of worried seeing the letter there thinking you were trying to bait me. When thinking about it, you wouldn't bait me like that so I calmed down. I also thought some third party knew about the letters and was pranking me. When I opened the letter I recognized your handwriting. It is similar to how you write on the whiteboard in class.

Oh man, I have the confidence now to write 100 letters. However, if I do that, it will be a long time before I can actually meet you in person. So I won't take that long. I am more eager to meet you now since you said that you would wait for me. I still have more to say about how I admire you so I will wait just a tad bit longer. Though while I thought I would write 20 letters (yeah I know), I might just keep it to 10. Since this is letter number 6 that means there are only 4 more left.

On another note, you are right about most of the clues you noticed in the letters. I guess I would say I am an observant person. I kind of have been told that a lot. I notice you a lot but that could just be because I really like you so I notice you easier.

I will tell you another fun fact about me that no one knows much about. I was actually born in Canada. Not because my parents were Canadian or anything. It was actually because my mom was to attend a friend's wedding. She thought I would stay there until full-term so she risked it because it was a good friend of hers. Turns out I was born early. I guess those are two fun facts about me. I have dual citizenship in both Canada and the U.S.

No one really knows about that because it never really came up in conversation before. So you will be the first to hear about it. Ever since then, I have never been to Canada. I should go back sometime. We could go together as well. That could be in the future. I am really planning out our future right now and I haven't even met you in person yet. It's kind of lame huh?

I keep saying it but I am so happy for that letter you gave me. My brother keeps asking to see it to read but I would never let him. It's too special. I betcha he would judge it as well. He says it seems more mushy in these letters. I am usually really calm and collected. Sadie, you do this to me.

Anyway, I am going to end it here. I am probably going to read your letter 20 times over before going to bed. To think the girl I like is actually falling for me back. It is an elated feeling.

4 more letters to go,

Your Passionate Anonymous Person 

P.S. I am glad I got it right that you want to be a pediatrician. I find that great.