Time for Work

I finally feel satisfied after I finish watching an episode of American Horror Story and I have to start getting getting ready to go to work. I always get up an hour early so I could have time to watch at least one episode.

"Ok Minxy, I need to get up..." I trail off as I try and push her off my lap. She placed her head between her paws and remained still. I groaned loudly and pushed her a bit more. She moved slightly so I took it to my advantage and tried standing up, making her jump off me and onto the floor.

"Sorry baby" I chuckle and pat her head. I walk around my apartment and start getting my stuff together. I look in the mirror by the door and am satisfied by the reflection looking back at me.  I sling my strap of my purse over my shoulder and open the door slightly.

Minx stands behind me whimpering a little. I feel bad that I have to do this to her so much, I have to though. "Bye baby, I'll see you in a bit." I lean down and lay a kiss between her ears. She looks up at me with puppy dog eyes and I do it right back at her.

"Okay I'll see you later baby girl!" I say as I open the door and step out, closing it behind me. I hear the small whimpers coming from behind it and I instantly feel bad, but I continue out into the early, snowy morning to my car.

10 minutes later

I walk into the café that I work at, it's small but has homely feel to it. The smell of double-chocolate chip muffins and chocolate chip cookie mixed with coffee gave it an amazing smell that you would expect from such a place. It was a common hangout place for teenagers and young adults like myself which often kept it pretty busy.

I avoid the chairs and table and make my way behind the counter, greeting Grace who also works there and who I considered my best friend. We were very close and would hang out a bit after work. I place my belonging in the lounge in the back and put on my apron.

"How ya doing, babe?" I ask her as I wipe off the counter from all the small crumbs from the day before, keeping myself busy since there wasn't anybody here yet.

"I'm good, how are you and Minxy doing?" She ask, placing a batch of blueberry muffins into the oven.

"Oh we're just grand, though I still feel bad for leaving her home alone so much but it's really the only thing I can do." I reply, Grace knew about our situation and attempted to help but I absolutely refused, she could keep her money, she had her own debts to pay.

"I told you, I can help you. You won't have to work so many hours and stay at home with her. It would be good for both of you." She says, taking the fluffy green oven mitts off of her hands.

"I told you before and I will tell you again, I will not take your money." I say and that was the end of that conversation.

A couple of hours had passed and there was now many people here, the cold weather drawing people into the small building. Even if it were just for warmth, we were happy to make people comfortable.

I hear the bell on the door give a little ring and I look up from my coffee to see the very same sparkling, spring blue eyes that caused my heart to do flips and leaps. Behind him was a man with bright red hair and shaved black sides, he also being very attractive, brown eyes lighting up his face through his hooded eyelids. His chin and upper lip was also unshaven like that of Sean's but he did not have as toned a jawline.

"How are you boys doing today?" I ask as I look them over once more before placing my full attention back to their faces.

"We are just wonderful." The new man said, his voice deep and soothing like that of someone you would hear on a talk show.

"Awesome, how's the moving going Sean?" I ask and my eyes land back on my gorgeous neighbor.

"It's going good, lots of boxes though," he said with a slight chuckle which made the corners of my lips turn up into a small smile.

"I bet, now what could I do for ya'll?" I ask, resting my hips against the counter.

"I will have just a black coffee." Sean says and feels around his back pocket for his wallet.

"I will have the same. So just make that two black coffees." The man says. I nod my head and put it into the computer. Sean hands me the payment and I put it into the register.

"Receipt?" I ask them.

"No thank you," they both say in sync.

I chuckle slightly and take the receipt, crumpling it up into a ball, throwing it into the garbage.

"I'm Mark by the way." The man says and I offer him a smile.

"Isabella" I reply and offer my hand. He shakes it, a small smile playing his lips. He releases and heads out into the dining area, sitting at a seat next to the window.

I am left with Sean in front of me and I look at him curiously.  His eyes had a small glitter in them, even though his whole face certainly was attractive, his eyes had a strange pull to them and they are what drew me to him.

He looks at me and with a small smile and asks, "Hey, I need some help unloading stuff, I was wondering if you could come over after your shift and help me unload some boxes?"

A smile overtakes my face and a sense of hope fills me.

"I would love to help you Sean." Grace hands me two cups and I hand them to him, "Two black coffees" I say and hand them to him.

A smile lights up his face and he takes them from me. "Thanks" he says and walks over to sit across from Mark.

I look over at Grace and she has a smug look on her face. My cheeks heat up "oh shut up." I say and she breaks out laughing.