Chapter Eight: Duskwood Forest

Chapter Eight:

???'s POV:

I watched as his beloved griffin reached out with his front claws, grasping for his master.

They wrapped around his waist pulling him closer to his chest as they fell through the branches, inching closer and closer to the ground. Before they hit the griffin's wings expanded to their full length and he was able to float slowly to the ground. Setting the Mage onto the soft murky grass.

I'll be honest, it's a shame that he was saved. But, this I can assure was just my first attempt.

Ven's POV:

Where is that stupid Mage. I really miss tormenting him but, it's been three days and after asking around in Stormwind we only got told that he was spotted outside Stormwind.

Oh wow what a great lead am I right? He was suppose to help me and I was supposed to help him but how can you help someone who isn't there to be helped.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. I really needed to cut it, it was way past my waist. Well anyway, here I am following Wulf into some loud in that smelled of rum and sounded of laughs, cheers, and music. As we entered I notice a bard sitting at a chair stringing a tune as drunken man sang terribly along to some traveling song.

I rolled my eyes and let out a huff as Wulf turned giving me a grin.

" No need to get so moody already. " I raised a brow at him. Did her really think this was me being moody because I can be worse.

" I'm not, I just don't understand why we're here again. "

" Don't worry bout' it V, like I said, I know a guy who can help us find Khad. " I narrowed my eyes at his new nickname. This guy really gave me mixed feelings. He held his hand out in a doorway located in the back of the inn. He used his other hand and ushered me in. I looked into the hazy candle lit room to see a drunken dwarf sitting in the back talking to a few stumbling guards. They all hiccuped and laughed as they raised their mugs, sloshing brew everywhere onto the floor. I looked at Wulf with disgust and was about to speak but the dwarf ungracefully, got out of his chair and stumbled over to us.

" Wulfy pal! " he said opening his arms and more brew spilling out of his mug.

" Losson bud! " Wulf replied back hugging him and patting his back.

" What's taken ya' so loong to see mee. " he slurred out. Wulf chuckled shaking some of his dark hair into his face.

" I'm here for business old friend. " Wulf said resting a hand in his shoulder. The dwarf grinned he nodded his ahead. " Always youu kids and 'buissness'. " he said as he noticed me standing there.

" This my frien- well, someone I met." he said quickly correcting himself as his face quickly turned pink. He shyly ducked his head down before Losson placed a hand onto his shoulder forgetting his drink as he set it on the table.

" Well, any friend of youurs is a friend of mine" Wulf quickly straightened out has he remembered what he was here for.

" Anyway her name is Ven, and we really need your help. " Losson nodded and stumbled into the corner where a small table and chairs where set up. Wulf followed quickly behind but I turned to look at the others. I knew they hadn't seen us and we're to drunk to care but I wanted to make sure. Once I knew we where good I made my way to the table where the two where already sat and talking.

" Our friend Khadgar, well MY friend Khadgar. " he said glancing at me before continuing. " He's missing and the only lead we have is that yesterday he was seen outside Stormwind, but it's not like him to not tell us. Plus we're kinda on a mission together and I'm pretty worried. He's been tainted by the- "

" Fel. " the dwarf said finishing Wulf's sentence. " There's been rumor about a Mage that was corrupted. "

" He not corrupted. " Wulf stated matter-of-factly. His brows furrowed and he crossed his arms.

" Yet. Once you've been touched there's no going back. " Losson told him placing a hand on Wulf's hand.

" I know he's a dear friend to you but there's only one person who would've been able to help but no one has ever seen her. " Wulf's shoulders relaxed has he looked intrigued.

" Who? " he said and I felt really bad because he really wanted to help Khadgar but, normally when some hasn't been seen,they're most likely dead or acting like it.

" Once there was a man formerly known as Nelthation the Earth - Warder, he was one of the five Dragon Aspects and leader of the black dragonflight. Thousands of years ago, Neltharion was empowered by the Titans with dominion over the earth and the deep places of Azeroth.

However, driven mad by the Old Golds, he turned against the other Aspects during the War of the Ancients. Among both mortals and dragons his name became one whispered with a feeling of fear and contempt. Despite that he had been in love with a kind, compassionate and beautiful woman known as Nariana. Together they lived in peace and Neltharion grew to become kind too. Soon Nariana became pregnant with a baby girl. The both were delighted but one day Nariana went into labor. She was to early and they feared for the baby's life so, they visited an old shaman. However they never made it. Nariana had died as she delivered the baby. Neltharion held her in his arms as well as the baby. Both were dead. Neltharion became furious not only had they taken his love but they had taken his child. As he buried them under a large oak tree, digging with his bare hands and flower bloomed immediately from his daughters grave and in the blink of an eye it grew into large flower. Neltharion placed a hand on it and it opened holding his baby in a case of Amber. That day he carried it back to there home. He was happy but angry as he placed his enclosed daughter into what would of been her crib.

Since that day Neltharion cursed that day. He wallowed in his home away from civilization. Eveyone pitied him and it angered him to boiling point. He took his daughter, wrapped her in a blanket made of sheep's wool and ran. The other aspects were disappointed. He should of moved on but he was angry instead. He terrorized people everywhere he went. Using his power and murdered innocent civilians. One day he was so angry he turned into a dragon.

I know it sounds all of the sudden but that's how it went. " by this time of the story me and Wulf sat in awe waiting for him to go on.

" Neltharion became enraged at Azeroth but everyday he came to his daughter, still enclosed in the Amber. She was curled up eyes closed peacefully as if she was in a long slumber. He would caress the stone and smile down. But then the same day he would smile as he watched children and families suffer under the wrath of his power. One day he came home to his daughter and looked at her. She had no name. He shed a tear as he remember what his wife wanted to name her. He thought it was ridiculous but as he looked down at her in the exact moment his eyes softened as he whispered out the words. ' Hello my beautiful....... Venus... I am bringer of destruction, Deathwing, and I'm you're father. ' Since that day everyone has been looking for his daughter. She is said to bring powerful magic to those who need it and she is the one who shall help you find your friend." Losson said finishing the story.

Wulf smiled. But my eyes where open and I let out a nervous gulp. I hadnt even listened to the end of the story. My heart stopped right after he said the words Venus.

I looked at Wulf and he gave me a confused look. Suddenly I felt sick to my stomach and my fingers started twitching.

I began to smell pine and feel cold.

Wulf opened his mouth to speak as he placed a comforting hand on my shoulder but I cut him off. " Khadgars in Duskwood forest."

" What? " he raised a brow in confusion. I turned to him and I felt the urge to run out of there and never come back but, I had to help. I mean who just finds out that they have secret powers. I mean I'm a 'cross' but I have magic.

" I-I have a feeling that, uh... " I stood up quickly my chair falling over in the process. Losson caught on immediately and he looked ready to hunt.

" Y-your her?!?l" I grabbed Wulf's arm and ran. He tried to free out of my grasp but I ran for dear life.

Why are there so many things going on in my life right know?