Hide and Seek Game

Arme P.O.V

Sure, it was a children's game, but it was fun when you had to subdue those in hiding. This time, I was "it" and thus, the others would be trying their best to hide from me.

The others would have no weapons, just their stealth and speed. Meanwhile, I had magic in my arsenal. This would be easy.

". . . Eight. . . Nine. . . Ten," I counted. I looked up, and heard nothing but the wind, saw nothing but the trees, the leaves, grass, and other plant-life. They had hidden themselves well, and I would find them before the sun disappeared from the horizon.

We were playing this to practice. Practice hiding, remaining undetected from the enemy, and to run if necessary. I was the hunter, they were the prey.

A grin spread across my face. They called me a tad sadistic, but I didn't like to actually harm my teammates for fun. It was an accident, though they didn't think so. Sometimes I attacked, but only when they tick me off.

The wind whistled through the trees. It seemed I wouldn't be able to hear them.

Looking around, I searched for traces. Traces of what? Anything. A broken branch, an overturned stone, a slight impression in the soft dirt. Then I noticed a faint footprint. It seemed light, so I was thinking it was two people; Lire or Lass. Both would be hard to catch, as they could easily outrun me. In fact, they all could, but Lire and Lass could easily leap out of my reach.

I ran forward; sometimes someone lagged behind, and weren't that far. I was hoping for that. Then I stopped. With all this noise I was making, one was sure to hear me. Lire and Ryan had excellent hearing. I believe their elven ears attribute to that.

Taking quieter steps, I drew my staff, ready to stun if needed. There was no way I could teleport; if I did, I might cause some unneeded noise that would alert those nearby. What to do, what to do.

Then I saw something. It was only for a second, but I saw it. A small bit of movement, opposite of the blowing leaves of the bush. My first victim, though I couldn't see who it was. But, I had an idea.

Creeping forward, I slowly made my way around the bush. I would trap them.

Noiselessly, I picked up a stone, about as large as my palm, and tossed it above, and over. It clattered noisily on the other side of the bush. Startled, the one in hiding ran opposite the noise, right towards me.

Immediately, I ran forward, shield up, to prevent injury to myself, and collided with them. I saw a tangle of yellow that fell over backwards, surprised. I stepped on her back.

"Gotcha, Lire," I said.

Still looking startled, Lire made no sound, though her mouth was open.

"You're out," I added.

"Aw, crap," Lire said.

I motioned for her to leave, and she left. We knew too well what would happen if one found didn't leave; they would be attacked. Cruel, but hey, rules were rules.

I set out for my next target.

This time, I noticed some odd marks on the bark of a tree. It looked as if someone tried to climb up it.

Looking up, I saw nothing, but they could've moved. Very likely, so I stayed on the ground. If I was unlucky enough, I would fall.

As I turned around, I noticed the sun. It was only a third of the way hidden, but that was no good; I was losing time.

This time, I ran, though I tried to be silent. I was guessing this to be Ryan or Lass. They were both agile in the trees. Lire was too, but I got her already.