Chapter One

My name is Horizon, and I've been a pure one since I was an owlette. I was born the runt of the group. The higher-ups thought I wouldn't be any more than a picker. A few fights in the picking pit changed that. A guard suggested that I should be given a chance as a warrior. They put me through trials like the others, but mine were much more difficult. Apparently someone wanted me to stay a picker, so they made my challenges nearly impossible. They seemed so at first, but after I thought about the structures, patterns, and other details about the challenges, I passed them.
I must have been stubborn as a child. In order to get me to listen, they had to break me. They killed my mother. I couldn't speak to anyone for days. A higher-up forced me out of my hole and pinned me in front of Queen Nyra, expecting me to be punished. Instead, I wad taken in by her. She raised me as if I was her child. I was put through tests every day until I was fit to be a warrior. Back then, my mind was set on pleasing the queen. She's a white owl with red markings and green eyes.

 She's a white owl with red markings and green eyes

That voice. I can never forget that voice. She has such a beautiful and strong voice. It makes me wonder what made her get sucked into this hell of a life. I was always put on missions. It was simple. Take owelettes, kill anyone who tries to stop us. It was always that simple. We're trained to take lives with no hesitation what so ever. It seems so cruel to me now, but it's engraved into my mind. It's an instinct. The mission today was the same. Except, it was my old tree.