Chapter Three

I looked around to see if anyone else could see the owl. Nobody was around me so the only ones who could have seen it besides me was the guards. When I looked back at the branch, the owl was gone. There wasn't a trace of it on the branch. It didn't even sway. I asked around to see if anyone else saw it no one seemed to notice it. It was so erriee how not only did anyone else see the owl, but there was never a trace of it. I concluded that I was hallucinating and carried on with bussiness.
Two days later, the dark feeling in my stomach never subsided. I knew I wasn't doing the right thing, but I never had second thoughts about it until now. Until I went to my old tree. When I lived there, it was under property of the Pure Ones, and my mother was a worker. Even though I was put through hell during training, it was still home. I started to hesitate, and second guess everything. I didn't know why this was happening. It felt as if another part of me was trying to escape my body. Queen Nyra summoned me to the main nest. I flew in and bowed before her.
"Horizon, you aren't thinking of betraying me are you?" She asked, standing up straight.
"No my queen." I answered, not daring to look into her eyes.
"You've been acting strange lately. Have you been seeing things soldier?" She walks towards me and hee eyes seem to narrow slightly. I didn't know what to say. I wanted to lie, but I also wanted to tell the truth. I decided to give an explanation instead.
"There's this white owl...I've been seeing him around. He just stares at me. I can never see his eyes. Even in broad daylight." I kept my head down as I explained. She tilted my head up with her wing and removed my helmet.
"So" She paused.
"You've been seeing The Fallen."