Chapter 6

Jace's POV

"yo man get your lazy ass up out of that bed now, before I personally come in and wake you up myself." Eric shouted from outside my bedroom door.

I yanked the bedroom door open and he stumbled backwards with a shocked expression. Ha that'll teach you to wake me up so early in the morning.

"dude what the hell is your problem. You've been banging on my door for the past fifteen minutes." I said as we walked downstairs.

"hey it's not my fault. Your dad said that everyone has to be down at half seven 'cause he's wants a pack meeting before everyone goes off." he said putting his hands in the air. My dad was the alpha of the Dark Night pack and since I was his eldest son, I was soon-to-be alpha.

We entered the kitchen and saw Drake sat on one of the stool stuffing his face with pancakes. When he saw us he quickly swallowed his food and said "hey it's about time someone hit your ass out of bed. You don't know how long Eric's been trying to wake you up."

Eric and Drake have been my best buds ever since I can remember. We knew everything about each other since we had grew up together.

"hey it's not my fault I didn't know we had a pack meeting until this morning, so suck on it" I stuck my middle finger up at the last part.

When we finished eating, we all headed into the living room. A normal living room wouldn't be able to fit our whole pack in, but this was the pack house and it was huge! Everyone was stood around the living room, talking and laughing. When my dad came in though, the whole room fell silent immediately. That was the respect they bad for him, and thats the kind of alpha I want to be. Someone they all respect , but can all get along with.

"okay I know it is a bit weird to be calling a pack meeting first thing in the morning" my father started "and we wouldn't have done it if this wasn't important. First of all the situation with the rogues is getting worse, so we advise all children and women not to go too far out onto the woods without someone with you. And secondly the Fire Moon pack have started an argument over which territory is theirs, so I will be gone for a week to sort out the situation. The worst that could happen is they do not compromise and will start a war, but we are hoping that will not happen. So while I'm away I will leave the pack in the hands of my son Jace the soon-to-be alpha. I am sure everything will be good in his hands. That's all."

My father left the room and people started talking again, mostly about the rogues and if there will be a war.

"yo man come on we're gonna be late for school." oh crap I had forgotten about school. Looking at the time I realised the meeting took forty-five minutes and it was now quarter-past eight. School started at half eight which meant we had half an hour left to get to school.

I followed the boys outside to our motorbikes. Every member of the black panthers rode a motorbike, but we also had our cars for when we were racing. I climbed onto my bike and kick-started it. I could feel the roar of the engine beneath me, and I drove off out of the gates onto the roads to school.

When we got to school we still had ten minutes till the bell rang, so when we got off our bikes we were greeted by the rest of the gang and just milled around. when I could hear roaring of several cars, we turned our heads towards the entrance of the car park and watched the bloods race in. But this time they had an extra person with them, driving a Bugatti. If they already had a nice car, that meant they were a part of the gang.

We watched as they all got out of their cars and waited for the mystery person to get out. When they finally got out, we were all shocked to see it was a girl. And man was she hot.

Me, Eric and Drake left the guys behind and went to go see who the new girl was. When I walked towards her, I was greeted by the most amazing scent of strawberry and vanilla and honey. Weird combination I know, but it smelt amazing. Closer I could see the chick had blonde hair that fell in curls down her back and her eyes were a mixture of violet and blue.

I smirked when I caught her looking at me, and when I walked past her, I winked and made my way to Aiden. I know what you're thinking, you're a gang member and you're willingly talking to a gang member from another gang? Well a couple of years ago, there was a full out LA gang war and gangs started teaming up. We chose to team up with the bloods since they were as strong and powerful as us. So from then on we became ally's. We chose them because they were pretty strong for humans, and also because they were loyal to each other and us. So yeah we talk to each other quite a bit.

"So I see this is your new member. Who's girl is she?" I asked because a girl wouldn't just willingly join a gang.

"she's not going out with any if us, she's our sister. She's been one of the bloods ever since we have. She's only just started now 'cause she's just moved in from Spain."

Now that wasnt what I had expected. What was she doing in Spain if her brother was in LA? I was about to ask her but the look on her face told me she didn't want me to ask anything.

As I continued to look at her, I could feel a tingling sensation in my chest and my wolf was howling inside me. "mate, mate" It said. Woah woah back up a minute. My ally's sister is my mate.

The bell rang and people started rushing towards their lessons and Aiden tok his sister to the office for her timetable. On the way to my lesson, my only thought was my allys sister is my mate? Well this should be interesting.