↯p r o l o g u e↯

"Dr. Harlock, you are needed in the intensive center." Hearing that made the young brunette pause from shoving a white powdered donut in her mouth, nodding before laying the donut back down on the table and following the man out of the break room.

Down the never ending hallways they went, turning the corners that she had burned onto the back of her brain. She knew her favorite patient was acting up and using her to interrogate him would calm him down some, so that's why she was needed. She was happy though, she missed him through the rough week.

Standing in front of the door, she straightened out her jacket and straightened her back, wiping under her lip just to make sure her lipstick wasn't smeared.

The guards opened the door for her, letting her enter into the dismal room that she had grown so infatuated with. In the chair he sat, his charming smile so welcoming as she took the seat directly in front of him, sitting her clipboard down on the metal table before she gave a sigh.

On the other side of her, his face feigned concern, and he tilted his head upwards as a pout grew on his lips. "Bad week?" He asked, and she gave a curt nod.

"One of the worst," She joked slightly, and he chuckled heartily, causing her to look down almost sheepishly. She had to admit it, he always had an effect on her. Perhaps it was a good one, because when she was with him, she had never felt so alive.

Clearing that thought from her head, she adjusted her jacket before reaching for the clipboard. "I hear you've been a bad boy these past few days, J." She scorned, and he threw his head back.

"I'm always a bad boy," He jested, causing her eyebrows to raise suggestively. She sat the clipboard down and slightly leaned over the table.

"You're not a bad person." She said, their faces inches apart. He eyed her lips with a small grin as he shook his head.

"Oh, you're right, baby. I'm worse than bad, I'm a horrible one." He said, his voice low and seductive as she sat back down in her chair with a small smile.

"Doctor Harlock..." He muttered, the smile heard in his tone as well as seen. "Haven, Haven Harlock. That beautiful name." He rambled, and she sheepishly looked down, a slight blush creeping up her neck.

"Haven can wreak havoc, can she not?" He asked, and she raised her eyebrows.

"Haven can do anything if you want her to." She muttered, her voice mirroring his own as she spoke, clearly now under his luring trance.

A large smile ran across his face, showing his silver-shining teeth. "Well, Haven, my dearest Haven. Get me a machine gun and let's you and me get out of this place." He offered, and her eyebrows furrowed in.

"A machine gun?" She asked, hostile against losing her job, but also scared of losing one of the people she truly cares about. He nodded precariously, his toxic smile never leaving his face. Looking up at him, she smiles slightly.

"Anything for you, J." And with that, she stood from her seat, grabbing her clipboard, and walked off from the room, leaving the Joker to laugh monstrously to himself.

Kate Mara as Haven Harlock

◇Kate Mara as Haven Harlock