Chapter 30

"..Sometimes the darkness was a beautiful thing
And sometimes it took me to a place
Where I had no idea where it would all go,
But I knew it was all meant to be okay. "

✘✘✘

"Are you sure you want to go in?" I heard his voice in between the country music coming from the back.

I knew me attending the party meant finally meeting his parents and my nerves were insane with having heard how I was doing and with meeting them , praying that they would like me as much as they did Rena.

Rena had dropped by on Thursday for the boys actual birthday and while Brock and Rick played football with the boys
I voiced my concerns as even though it had been quite some time ago I was sure she could give me some advice.

But as far as she was concerned they already loved me, being the mother of their grandchildren she dropped by twice a month with them and Turk and Duke spoke of me and apparently getting along with the man you love kids was perfect.

But I still couldn't be sure until I actually met them.

"Its your sons birthday Brock I promised them we would be here. I even dressed up for it, you don't think your parents will think bad of me for dressing like this?" I glanced down at my outfit which caused him to as well.

I had on my daisy dukes, cowboy boots and check shirt , which Brock had enjoyed watching me change into

I had on my daisy dukes, cowboy boots and check shirt , which Brock had enjoyed watching me change into. I had left my brace in his truck as I didn't want people questioning me whole night on it.

He chuckled, "my sister will probably be dressing the same , so no" he then gently kissed my forehead.

"If you want to leave early we can, the boys will probably be lights out by 7" I nodded and held his hand as we stepped into his house.

Reason for my Beast being so weary and questioning me is because we went for my check-up in Florida this afternoon, well morning  here I guess .

"You didn't have to come with me you know? "

"I'm your boyfriend, I wasn't here for the last one and I wasn't  planning on letting you go all by yourself" he whispered as we waited for the results.

I had figured I would be going alone but as I woke up at 4am so I could get the jet. Brock was fully dressed and waiting for me.

It was Turk and Duke's birthday party today so we did have a little fight before I eventually agreed for him to tag along. We would be back in time for the party maybe being an hour late and Brock said that if he showed up without me they would probably kill him so staying with me was the safest bet.

"I'm gonna miss this" I sighed as I traced my hand over his before looking into his eyes.

"Miss what?" He frown a bit and I brought my other hand to his small patch of blonde on his chin that I loved and I guessed he caught on to that fact as I always ran my thumb over it.