Chapter Six

Chapter Six

The man was trying to get himself killed. He was practically begging me to do it with that command and air of arrogance around him. So I simply tried giving him what he wanted.

"Tried" being the key word here.

I had lunged, ready to feel the coppery liquid of his blood stream inside my mouth, but suddenly, my air supply was cut short as someone jerked me backwards.

Someone had grabbed my collar, the thick chained one Tamer had taken the pleasure of putting around my neck after applying the taser to me. They'd also taken the liberty of clipping a thick, chained leash on to match the collar while I was gasping for air.

I growled, turning my attention to the guard responsible for chaining me like a mutt. I wasn't an animal who belonged on a leash. I belonged in the forest where I should be able to roam freely. I shouldn't have to worry about looking behind me after every step I took or worry about getting captured by fragile humans.

I was going to attack, but suddenly I was tensing, staggering as an electrical current ran throughout my body from the end of my tail to the tip of my ears.

"Take her upstairs. Clean her up, feed her, then send her to me," the cocky man said, and I sent a murderous glare in his direction. No way in hell was I going to let any of them close enough to touch me, much less bathe me.

He seemed to have enough of his brains still intact to realize that because he said, "On second thought, let her shift." I think I can safely say that everyone's eyes widened, mine being the widest.

Then I snorted, cutting the silence. He couldn't possibly be that stupid. He had to know I'd find my way out one way or another. So he either had a flawless plan up his sleeve, or he actually was that stupid. I was hoping for the latter.

"Sir, she's dangerous as a human too-" one guard tried, but the man waved his hand and the guard grew silent.

"Have someone bring her food. Take her to a room on the top floor somewhere. Let her clean herself, then I want the food to be sent up to her. She'll eat, then sleep. After, she is to be sent to me immediately, no pitstops. Is that understood?" he questioned with a raised eyebrow as he looked around.

If I was in my human form, I would've laughed and smirked at the defeated expressions the guards all wore.

One guard spoke, trying to branch out from the rest: "But no one resides at the top of the building. That's only your section-"

"Is that understood?" He snapped, clearly annoyed with the guards because he had to repeat himself. The guards mumbled, not at all happy with his command, but they could do nothing but obey it.

I, on the other hand, couldn't have been happier. Within the next day, I would be back home, laughing and joking around with my friends again. All because of this man's oblivious tendencies. But it really couldn't be that easy.

Right?

Suddenly I felt the thick trap around my neck being jerked again. I snarled, my ears flattening against my skull defensively as I whirled around to find the person holding the other end of the leash.

The meek guard's eyes met my own and I saw enough hesitation in his to snarl louder and bare my teeth to increase my menacing look. I figured the longer I stalled them, the more time I had to think of a decent escape plan that wouldn't have the unfortunate ending of me trapped once again.

"Don't just stand there; do something!" another guard hissed but made no movement towards me himself. They all stayed put, refusing to come closer to me.