Part 9- He said what?

Alex's POV

"Be my personal assistant."

I stood in awe at the mention of those words.

'The murderer wants you. ' My subconscious teased. He's not a murderer, is he? He said there's was a misunderstanding. I believe him. He had a sadness to his voice when he spoke of it.

My mind began to wander and I was brought back to reality by a deep voice calling my name.

"Miss Haytham, you've been staring into space for quite a while." He pointed out with a puzzled look on his face.

"I'm sorry but I'll have to turn down your offer. " I sadly informed.

I could've sworn I saw a look of shock projected on his face. He played it off by calmly asking, "Why not? "

"I have no experience. I've never worked before in my life." I disappointedly stated.

"No matter. I saw what you did in my office. It was pure brilliance."

I was shocked at his response. I began jumping up and down, squealing like a county fair pig.

"Thank you! Thank you! I won't let you down, Mr... " I waited for him to refresh my memory.

"Kenway. " He added.

"Thank you, Mr Kenway. " I smiled brightly. A small smile appeared at the corner of his mouth. We then stood in silence for a few seconds.

"Well, this is awkward. ' My subconscious commented.

Mr Kenway then cleared his throat. His smile had disappeared.

"Excuse me. " he coldly said.

Christopher's POV

I'm way in over my head. I hired someone with no experience whatsoever, at a prestigious company. Why did I do it?

I went to my room to change out of my work clothes, trying to make sense of why I hired her. If she messes up I would have to fire her. I can't jeopardize the company I put so much time and effort in.

Nothing and no one is going to distract me from becoming CEO.

I then heard a small knock on my door.
"Come in" I yelled. She gently pushed the door open. I gave her a quick scan with my eyes. She sleeps in that?

She wore a tiny lace dress, it could've been classified as a t-shirt. The black fabric hugged her body perfectly. I'm glad she began speaking. I would've thought some very un-gentlemanly things.

"When do I start working, Mr Kenwa--" she began.

"Christopher... " I corrected her. Her eyes sparkled and she started smiling. I hated myself for noticing all these miniscule details about her.

"You start tomorrow. Be up at six. " I said. I must've sounded like a drill sergeant because she gave me a salute.

"Yes, sir! " she started giggling uncontrollably, then she just stopped.

A loud rumbling sound eminated from her stomach. I couldn't help but chuckle at how hard she blushed.

"Did you eat all today? " I inquired.

"No, I was waiting for you to come home so that I could ask if I could eat. " she sweetly replied.

"I said you had free reign around my house. "

"Oh... " she sheepishly said.

I sighed. "Lets go to the kitchen. "

She began smiling and trailed behind me. She's so adorable.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Thank you all for reading! Vote and comment if you have the time! ❤