Chapter 1

A Vampire hefted up the long silver sword, it glowing in the Sunlight and down to the hilt.

He walked over to Buffy and gazed admiringly at her before swinging it in a perfect arch to cut her from the bind.

"So weak for such a powerful girl," he tsked. "What are you waiting for, you crazy fool," demanded Quentin. It smiled with stinky breath and yellow teeth, gazing down to her wrist which was dripping blood. She was injured and it excited him. His eyes now travelled to her neck where he could make out her fearful pulse. He slapped her. The Slayer was bruised all over, her lip had been cut, and her eye was swollen shut.

But, she gave him a defiant glare none- the- less which infuriated them all except for the new Council leader with his head bent and eyes closed.

It was Giles hiding behind his guilt and pain, but Buffy merely gave a f***., she stared at him like Angelus or William the Bloody or any other villain.

She was done playing games. She was 30 years old and saved the world, gave up her life, and her normalcy, was ripped from Heaven to destroy the First and couldn't do it anymore. Couldn't become a naïve fifteen year old. "Kill me," she whispered. "Oh no, you're not going to be dead Slayer! You're going to be something else!" Then, he drank from her until she collapsed into the darkness.

It was an infernity when she woke up. She knew she was alive and she could hear heartbeats around the room. Her heightened senses really allowed her to study everything, gave her a chance to test her fangs by swirling her tongue around it. Then, she gave them a chilling smile. "Is it my birthday," she asked softly.