Fixing cars fixing relationships

The words of the reaper kept on ringing in my head, and I wasn't actually sure why I had left straight afterwards. It must've been her hypnotic voice, perhaps it is their gift.

On the drive home I couldn't think of anything except John and Dean. John almost died, Dean was as good as dead.
Why hadn't I been there? I could've helped, I could've done something.

Dean didn't deserve this, he was just trying to do right by his family, we let him go alone.
I wanted to scream at the world, but I just accelerated harder instead eager to get home to Bobby.

What if Dean died? What would Sam do? How would Bobby be?

I shook the thoughts out of my head and focused on the road. Up ahead of me was the sign pointing up to Singers Salvage Yard.
I sighed in relief and decelerated, creeping into the garage so as not to disturb Bobby and make him question where I had been.

Putting on my overalls again I tied the arms around my waist, wiped my hands on one of my greasy towels and the walked into the house.

"Where you been girl?" His gruff voice came from the kitchen the instant I stepped through the screen door.
I nervously wiped my hands on my pants. "Out in the garage, I'm working on my car" I said hoping my lie sounded plausible.

"Do I look like a fool?" He asked, sounding disappointed in me.

I bowed my head as he came out, not knowing what to do. I hated him being upset at me.
"Look at me"

I looked up, and looked him in the eye. "Were you with the Winchester boys?" He asked like a disapproving father.
"Yes, I had to make sure they were okay."

I paused and he looked at me as if urging me to keep going, what did he want me to say? That was the truth.

"Well girl, how are they?"

Relief washed over me, and then disappeared as soon as I had to tell him. I knew I couldn't lie to him, he'd find out anyway.
"John's awake and Sam is up and walking but Dean..." I paused.

"The doctors don't think Dean will wake up"

A flicker of unease passed across Bobby's face before he composed himself again, as if he felt he still had to be strong for me.

"He'll be right Riley, always is. Don't you worry." I looked up at him appreciatively before he disappeared outside.

One second later the phone rang, I picked up the phone number using the name written on the card by the phone.
"Hello Alex Whittaker, Sheriff's department"

"Ah yes Suzanne Schmidt here from the Kansas County Sheriff Department, I have an officer here under the name of Thomas Brady, is he under your jurisdiction?"

"Officer Brady, working the Walker disappearance case right?" I asked the line went silent, I allowed myself a small grin as I read the details off of the paper Bobby had written.
"I'm sorry, what was the problem Officer Schmidt?" I asked, allowing authority to creep into my voice.

"Sorry, it is required that we call an outside officers supervisor before allowing them to access the confidential files, standard procedure."
I grimaced, these people and their procedures.

"Well I hope I have provided enough of a confirmation for my Officer to be allowed to proceed in his investigation."
"Ah yes, that should be fine now." The overly cheery voice of the young officer resonated from the phone.

"Please will you put my officer on the phone seeing as you have already disturbed my afternoon I may as well get a report on how the case is going."