five

HAILEE SHEPHERD

"So you have any plans for the holidays or tomorrow since today's going to be Thanksgiving?" I ask Jackson as we walk to the locker room.

"No, I haven't thought of what I'm gonna do. I might just stay here in the hospital and try to help people who get hurt while trying to get ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas," he explains.

"Well if you ever find yourself being bored during the holidays just call me," I tell him as I go to my cubby to change.

**

Next day..

I was in the ER with Alex and then this blonde teenage girl comes up to us as she enters from emergency room doors.

"Excuse me, I'm looking for Dr. Mark Sloan, do you know where I could find him?" She asks us.

"You see the dude that was burned while trying to deep fry a turkey, Sloan's the guy who's making him scream like a little girl," Alex hilariously explains.

The blonde teenage girl walks over to Mark and the screaming man.

"Dr. Sloan?" She asks him as he responds.

"So I know this might be a little weird, my names Sloan Riley and my moms Samantha Riley and I'm pretty sure your my dad," she tells him as Alex, Callie, and I overhear her.

"Did she just say Dad?" I ask Callie and Alex.

Mark just sits there looking at her as Lexie comes over and Mark looks at Lexie then back at Sloan.

**

Meredith, Alex, Christina, and I are in the skills lab having lunch as Meredith practices in what Dr. Webber has been teaching her.

"This is the best thanksgiving ever, no obnoxious relatives, no needing to go around the table and saying what your thankful for," Christina explains as she also practices.

"Ugh I hated thanksgiving with my older sisters, I love Amelia and Derek but Nancy, Kathleen, and Liz man can they be annoying. Literally every family holiday they always ask us three, Amelia when are you gonna have kids and get married? Derek when are you and Meredith gonna have kids? Hailee when are you finally gonna settle down and get a boyfriend and get married?" I say.

"I mean they already are married and have kids well beside Liz I mean who wants to marry that bitch," I laugh. "You just called your sister a bitch," Alex tells me. "Have you met her?" I ask him as he stays quiet.

"Is Liz the one that visited years ago when I was an intern and called me a slutty mistress?" Meredith asks me.

"Yeah, McBitchy." They laugh.

"I feel like we should the do the opposite and talk about what we're not grateful for," Alex says.

"The merger," Christina says.

"The Mercy Westers," Meredith adds in.

"That's kinda mean," I say as they look at me.

"I mean Charles he's pretty cool and nice. Reed I've talked to her a couple times and she's okay," I say.

"Hailee! Are you sleeping with... Jackson?" Meredith whispers towards me for all four of us can hear and not the others around us.

"No! Why would you think that?" I ask her.

"Your always with him," Alex says.

"Little Shepherd gots the hots for Avery," Christina says as I kick her from under the table.

"Can you guys like change the subject or keep it down because he's at the table behind Christina," I tell them as I eat my salad.

"Private lessons with the Chief," Christina scoffs as Meredith helps Alex.

"Seems like those Daddy issues are really working off," Christina says .

"I don't have daddy issues. he's just teaching me ," Meredith turns to her.

After that they start talking about Meredith being Richard's bitch, Christina being Teddy's, and Alex whining about being no ones bitch.

***

Christmas Day.

Everyone was gathering up here at Meredith's house, even her father showed up.

I was dressed in a maroon dress with a cardigan over and some black ankle wedges.

I walk downstairs and help Meredith in the kitchen with the food while everyone is in living hanging around and listening to Owen playing the guitar as Arizona and Richard sing some Christmas songs.

"Did you invite Jackson to the dinner?" Meredith asks me.

"No," I say as I chop up the food. "He's with a patient and I'm not gonna invite a Mercy Wester here since it's your house," I explain to her.

"Your allowed to bring people over Hailee, when I said that I wasn't thankful for the Mercy Westers I wasn't trying to offend you because your hanging out with Jackson. Your 28, your allowed to hang out with whoever you want and if you want to hang out with Jackson then go ahead," Meredith tells me as her dad walks in.

"I'll leave you two alone," I say as I leave because it seemed like Thatcher wanted to talk to her in private.

During the dinner Bailey's father tells her to mind her manners as she started talking about Kelsey, the women she did surgery on earlier.

Bailey starts talking about Tuck and other things and the table got quiet and it was awkward but then Arizona breaks the awkward tension by handing over the green beans to Richard.

+++

I spent my New Years Eve alone since I wasn't working and everyone else was so I had the house to myself.

I was gonna watch a movie by myself in the living room as someone rings the doorbell.

"I saw that you weren't at work today so I thought I would come and check where you were at when I was done," Jackson says as I open the door and he's standing there with a box of pizza.

"I got the day off," I tell him.

"Happy New Year," He says.

"Happy New Year. I was about to watch a movie, would you like to come in. I have beer and chips." I say.

"And I have pizza so we can share." He says walking in. "Good idea," I laugh as I take the box of pizza and I walk to the living room as he takes his coat off.

I set the pizza box on the table as I go grab the beer and chips.

That night we watched movies while eating pizza and chips and drinking beer.
                    ••••
All rights and Credits to Emiprestavo

Don't forget to vote and comment -M •

Word count - 1056