1: I Put the We in Ouija

The clouds, when overshadowing the moon, make such a beautiful sight when the light peeks through the transparent wisps and creates tiny spotlights upon the world below. It looks even better when it's a cold December night and snow sprinkles from the sky like tiny angels and lands on the sidewalk lightly, bunching up with other snowflakes, giving it a sparkling appearance when shown in the moonlight.

    Everything was serene in Belleville, all the people were sleeping, ready for Christmas break to begin soon and have two weeks off from school or work. Almost every household had their Christmas tree up, a lone silhouette in their living rooms, ornaments dangling from the pine branches.

    I hate Christmas.

   Don't get me wrong I don't hate it for religious reasons, my family's Catholic for Christ's sake, but I hate it because the attention's always turned towards me for presents and we could be spending money on my college tuition instead of some store brand clothes that are going to be hidden in my closet collecting dust. Or my parents could finally listen to me and buy me the guitar I've always wanted since I was fourteen.

   It was two in the morning, the outside was silent except for the occasional scream and I had just gone to sleep after three hours of mindlessly looking at my phone. I was supposed to be studying for my AP Chemistry and English exams, but once again I decided to wing it and cram at the school.

   I could never sleep well when I know there was something that always comes up the next day. I'd close my eyes and force myself to sleep, but what seemed like hours would always be thirty minutes. Sometimes, if I played music quietly it would help, but I'd wake up and change a song and basically screw myself over once again.

   Surprisingly I was sleeping pretty well, however. Already, I was dreaming of me holding that guitar I've wanted and playing in front of Morrissey, auditioning to be apart of his band. It was a pretty rad dream, but before Morrissey could tell me if I would be in or out, there were three knocks on my bedroom window.

    I wanted to assume it was a branch tapping on my window, but last year, my dad cut down the tree next to my room when he found out I'd sneak out to go meet with my friends due to one of my friend's stupid mistake. Thanks a lot, Pete.

   Groaning, I opened my eyes and turned around, bringing my blankets with me because it was freezing and warm blankets are my sanctuary, and looked at the window. None other than Pete Wentz himself was standing in the middle, a big grin on his face, waving at me. "Let me in," he said quietly.

   "What if I don't want to?" I slurred my words a bit, still drowsy from my seven minute sleep. Pete frowned, "I'll scream bloody murder if you don't, Iero." I rolled my eyes and stood up, my blankets still on me and shuffled to the window, opening it and letting Pete in, "Pete, you realize if you screamed, nobody would care, right?"

   Pete stepped in, but due to his horrible coordination, fell face first into my floor. For a moment he just stood there, probably contemplating his life decisions before he got up and brushed himself off. He slapped my arm afterwards, "I know that. But it would be so annoying you would have to let me in."

    He walked past me and sat on my bed, while I looked out of the window to see how in the world Pete ever made it to my window and saw a ladder below. I wanted to tip over the ladder so bad, but Lord knows that I could only handle Pete for a certain amount of time so I let it stay there, closing my window and making it back to the emo on my bed.

    I sat on the bed just to the right of Pete, looking at what he brought, but since it was dark in my room, I couldn't see very clearly what it was. "Mind if I turn on the light?" I stood up and walked over to my bedroom door, closing and locking it before turning on the light.