2: Damn, Pete-O

"Frank," A distant voice called my name.  I didn't want to open my eyes, but knowing Pete, he won't stop until you're attention's on him. I sat up from the bed I was sharing with Pete and faced him, "What?" Pete turned around and grabbed his alarm clock, nearly shoving it in my face. The numbers were blurry for a second before my eyesight adjusted to the closeness of the clock and read the time 7:32.

  Jumping off of the bed, I turned on the light, squinting at the sudden brightness in Pete's room. "Dude, we have like fifty minutes to get ready, why wake me up?" Pete sat up in the bed, the Star Wars covers he had since fifth grade were bunched up around him and he sort of resembled a Stormtrooper burrito. "We need to talk about last night, Frank. What are we going to do?" Pete said quietly.

Usually I was full of answers and smart ass comebacks, but I had nothing. I didn't know what to do, it's not like I acquaint myself with demons everyday. My room is probably acting like a portal to hell right now or my house is probably gone, I didn't know anything at all except the fact that I'm going to fail my finals.

Beside me was a bookcase full of CDs and comic books that Pete always hoarded. I doubt he ever even read one of those, he only buys them because they look cool and to impress Mikey Way. You don't know commitment until you see Pete Wentz trying to seduce Mikey.

"I got it!" I shouted out of the blue, startling Pete and myself with it. I turned to face him, "We need to perform an exorcism on my room, sort of like in that one show with the two brothers that you always think are gay for each other." Pete opened his mouth to argue, but there was a knock on his bedroom door, and soon it opened, revealing Mrs. Wentz.

"Pete," she began, "Breakfast is ready if you wa-" She looked in my direction and cut off her words, "Well hello Frank! How long have you been here?" I waved shyly and smiled warmly, "Morning Deb, I've been here all night with Pete, studying for finals." Deb raised an eyebrow and locked eyes with Pete again, "Really? Pete studying? Nice try, Frank. Breakfast is downstairs if you guys want any." And with that she closed the door.

  Pete rolled off the bed, causing the mattress to squeak and groan from under him as he muttered, "I could study if I want to." "Pete, the day you start studying is the day I become President," I retorted, walking to his dresser, opening it to look for spare clothes I always leave here.

Pulling on a black shirt and some jeans that I found, I turned to Pete, "Hey you got a pencil I can borrow? All my stuff is at home and..." I trailed off, desperately trying to avoid the fact that my house was inhabiting a demon.

   Pete, however, didn't catch my drift of not wanting to speak about it, "How are we going to perform the exorcism, anyway? It's not like we have any experience in the field, Frank."

   Digging through his dresser once again, I pulled out some clothes for Pete and threw it at him, "Get dressed." Once he was dressed, I opened the bedroom door and held it open for him, proceeding to follow him down the stairs into the kitchen.

   The Wentz family were one of the wealthiest families in Belleville, and they proved it by going on extravagant vacations to Hawaii and God forbid, Greece. Deb chose the locations so that Pete could actually learn something, but he's so thick that if you threw a rock at his head, the rock would split.

    Despite having all this money, their house was fairly average. Granted, it's better than what I live in, but it's not like a mansion or four story hotel. On the outside, it was a beige color with dirty white doors. There were windows all across the downstairs area, but once you reached the second floor, there were about three, and absolutely none in Pete's room and in the attic.