3: Mikey my Way Downtown

Why is it during finals that school always seems drag on slower? By the time the last period bell had rung, releasing us from school for the next two weeks, I felt ten years older. Sluggish and exhausted from all the thinking, I entered the bus and made my way to the back, seeing Pete and Brendon in a much happier mood than I.

    "Frank sit your small boy ass down and tell Brendon the extent of last night," Pete chirped as I slid into the window part of Pete and I's seat. I sat down and placed my stuff on my lap before leaning over to get a view of Brendon and saying, "Why didn't you just tell him? You have lunch together."

   Pete shrugged, "Well, I-" "He saw that Mikey visited the school so he left me to go talk to him...traitor," Brendon interrupted. Pete gasped quite dramatically, "You call me the traitor? Remember freshman year? When you pretended for SIX MONTHS that you didn't know us so you could get with Ryan Ross?"

   "...touché, now tell me Frank. I'm nosy and need to know such juicy details," Brendon replied. His eyes were on me now, looking as if he'd listen intently, but I know for sure Brendon barely listens to anything that doesn't involve his unhealthy obsession with Purple Rain.

I began the story, starting from the point when Pete used a ladder to sneak into my house. As I progressed, Pete would begin putting his input in it, but since one of my biggest pet peeves is being interrupted, I gave him a death glare that shut him up for good and continued. When I was done explaining, I sat there in silence, waiting for Brendon to say something, listening to the clamor of the teenagers nearby.

I was in a sort of daydreamy trance when Brendon clapped his hands together, startling me back into reality. The bus had stopped and everybody was exiting and making their ways back home, ready to start Christmas break.

Brendon, Pete, and I were last off the bus; by the time we had set foot on the sidewalk that surrounded the bus stop, most students were already gone. Brendon squeezed his way inbetween Pete and I and decided to speak up, "So you dumbasses never closed the conversation with the demon, causing it to possess the house? Ooh, Frankie boy, your parents aren't going to be happy with you."

    As it progressively grew colder throughout the day, the slush that inhabited the sidewalk had turned into icy slush and now crackled and possessed the cloth of my sneakers at the same time. Everything about winter made me more irritable, which was probably the reason I snapped, "Well you're the dumbass who....you're just a dumbass in general."

   Brendon put his hand over where his heart would be and tilted his head like a distraught puppy, "I'm so offended by your harsh words, Frank. I didn't realize your temper was as short as you."

   I flipped him off, "I should just lock you into my house for the night." Brendon nodded, "Do it. Don't let your dreams be dreams."

   After a world record silence, our very own Pete Wentz himself spoke up, "Brendon, I bet after you see the house, you wouldn't go anywhere near it." Brendon walked in front of us and turned around, putting his hand on Pete's chest to stop him. "Is this a challenge?" He raised an eyebrow. Internally, I groaned; Brendon loved making bets and deals for almost anything. To be perfectly honest, I'm surprised he never snuck in to casinos since Jersey is flooded with them. Yet, I tend to not want to know Brendon's night life. For all I know he's a prostitute named Brendon Urin For a Night of Fun.

Pete slapped Brendon's hand off his chest and nodded, "You bet your Purple Rain DVD collection it is. What are the stakes?" Brendon stepped back a bit and pondered; however, as he was doing so, someone walked up behind him and poked his shoulder, causing him to jump and scream like a school girl.

"Holy Mary Mother of God, Mikey you scared the shit out of me!" He exclaimed, causing the person, Mikey Way, to laugh a tiny bit. I looked over at Pete, who was in a trance, staring at the blonde haired man in front of him. This was probably the closest he's ever been to Mikey Way, so he was probably making sure he wouldn't forget a detail of his face.