Summary

Scars And a Cup of Coffee

War.

Zayn hates war. It ruined his life. He's seen things that he couldn't even imagine in his worst nightmares, and now they plague him every time he closes his eyes. Sleep is horrible. PTSD is dangled over his head every time he visits his family. War destroyed his mind, but it didn't even leave his body untouched by its ruin.

No, the possibility of that was one in a million.

After encountering an IED, his whole left side is marred and disfigured. Physical therapy is monotonous, but necessary. Going to a shrink is squeezed into his horrible 'schedule', and its something that forces him to remember even though he just wants to forget.

All he wants is a cup of coffee and he's desperate enough for a stale blueberry scone.

***

Harry hates relationships. He hates people that are messed up for no reason. He hates people who use their disability against others to get their way. Harry essentially hates people in general.

He's been in one too many abusive relationships. He's seen horrible people on a day to day basis, all from behind the counter top in a run down, popular café. He can tell by how they tell him what they want, most of all what they order.

If they want a latté at exactly 130 degrees, with two squirts of raspberry flavoring and not the usual three, and he can't forget to add the whip cream even though it doesn't come with the drink. You know they were arseholes, that were always receiving eye rolls from a very pissed off server.

But that all changes for him, when a young man with an evident limp comes ordering a coffee black, no sugar. And when Harry asks him if he'd like it taken to his table instead of having to get up and get it, out of sympathy; the man gives him a glare, and offers an annoyed, no.