Weren't just for practice

It's now been about a month since Ali's been back, we've been trying to see her as often as we can, but between all the therapy she's been doing, and detective visits, we haven't gotten much time.

Even though I'm sad I don't get to see her, I know that therapy is really helping her, Dr Sullivan is a goddess at what she does.

It also makes our time with Ali that much more special. Since she's been back, I haven't gotten any alone time with her. It's always the five of us.

Before she was taken from us, I was going to give her a letter explaining my feelings for her. We still have a lot to talk about, part of me knows that she likes boys, but then how would that explain all of the times we've kissed.

Just as I was thinking this, my phone buzzes. At the most perfect timing, I see a text from Ali, "Hey Em, guess what! Dr. S said that I've been making great progress and she's going to minimize our sessions to 3 times a week! Now that I'm going to have all this free time, I was hoping I could spend some of it with you! This Friday, sleepover at my place?"

I immediately respond, "Congrats Ali, that's great! For sure, see you then!"

As soon as I press send, I realize that Friday is only two days away, and I still haven't created a plan on how I'm going to approach this all.

One day past, then the next and already it's Friday. I still have no idea on what I'm going so say. I've contemplated just giving her the letter I wrote, but I'm not even sure I still have those feelings. Even though I might not still love her, I want to know what it all meant, so tonight I'll just have to wing it, but for now I'm going to school.

Another long and boring day at school passes, grade 11 could not suck anymore then it already does. Luckily school will be over in 3 months. I use to love school, back when Ali was here, she has always been so smart and driven, which would motivate me, but for the past two years I've been struggling.

When I arrive at Ali's, it's a little past 7pm. I walk straight up to her room and see her standing there antsy to tell me something.

"What's going on Alis-" I start to say as she cuts me off.

"I'm going back to school!" She practically yells with excitement.

"What?" I question.

"Yea, my mom was talking to Dr. Sullivan, and she said that this summer I can start to catch up in my education, then join you guys for senior year, while still taking extra classes and tutoring after school!" Ali says with her same excited tone as earlier.

"Are you kidding? That's amazing, how did you pull that off?" I say while approaching her to give her a hug.

When we pull away she explains, "While luckily I was top of my class freshman year, before I left, so then when I came back, there are some classes that i can just skip, knowing I'm prepared for the senior level of that class, then the others I'll have to cover during the summer."

"Ali I'm so proud of you", I say sincerely.

"Thanks Em, I'm so excited, I think I want to become a teacher." Ali says with a big smile on her face.

"You'd be great at that", I add knowing how good she is with kids.

"Em, I missed you so much", Ali says replacing the smile she wore with a face of emotion.

"Ali, those were the worst two years of my life." I say realizing that she definitely has it worse then me.

"Me too" she says, almost looking like she might cry.