|Chapter 13| Surprised

|Rosemary's POV|

After Reiki left, I slept for a little bit more and then got ready. I went by and got Sylvia. We decided to travel by foot for the first day. We decided to settle for Crocus, because it's the capitol, busy, and has a ton of guards. But it's a 2 day trip. On carriage. If we go on foot, it'll be about a 5 - 7 day walk. When we stop at a town, we'll get a horse each. All we're carrying is a backpack, it was hard but... I had to NOT bring my 200 suitcases with me. 

When we start walking and is about to exit town, Sylvia turns around. 

"What is it?" I ask. 

"I-I felt an unusual cold wind... did you feel it?" She answered.

"No... what do you think it is?" 

"It felt like a warning... but maybe it was just me..." 

"Well, no point in standing around talking about," I said, "let's get going, we don't want it to get dark too soon." 

"Right," she said as she nodded. 

We were walking for about 4 hours, it was almost sunset. We left at about 3:00, I thought that maybe we could camp out if we didn't find a town. I know there is another town close by, but I don't know how long it takes to get there. 

As we were walking through a forest, Sylvia unexpectedly pauses. Before I can say anything, she pushes me and says, "Watch out!"

Neither of us got hurt, but when I looked back to where I was standing, there was an arrow. 

"Who's there?!" I ask loudly.

"Damn it," I hear a man's voice say, "The bluenette saved her." 

"Where are you?" Sylvia asks looking around. 

I hear a different man's voice, this one comes out of the trees, "That wasn't a smart move, girl." He had brown hair and brown eyes, with a clean mustache.  

"If you go away now, I won't hurt you," I threatened. 

"Oh no, we're so scared," the first man said, jumping down from a tree branch. This guy had dirty blonde hair and some blonde stubble around his chin and mouth. "We've been waiting so long for this," he added. 

"For what?" I questioned. 

"To torture you," he answered, "and only you." 

As if those were key words, the brown haired guy tried to jump on Sylvia, little did he know about her little 'talent'.

He tried to swing a sword at her, but she made a shield out of water. 

"Water magic? A strong one too, this'll be interesting," he said as he jumped back. "Ice Make floor!" then the floor was suddenly ice. Sylvia jumped on a tree branch as soon as he said that. Then he said, "Ice Make Lance!" 

There's too many ice mages around here. 

The man in front of me suddenly attacked, "Fire Demon's RAGE!" 

WHAT THE? HE'S A DEMON SLAYER? 

As the blast of fire came towards, I decided to kill 2 birds with 1 stone, "Meteor!" I dodged the attack and hit him in the side. Then I hit the other guy who was fighting Sylvia in the back. 

Let's make that 3 birds. 

"Ok. Was that just a complete coincidence or did they totally take Storm's powers?" I asked her as she jumped down from the tree. 

"I think it was a coincidence, they're not nearly as strong as- look behind you." 

I look behind me and there they are, standing up ready to go.