vobi - thunderstorms

tobi

I finished my recording, slipping the headphones off my head. I could hear rain pour down on the side of the glass windows, making me smile. 

Storms were my favorite thing, a soothing thunder and lightening with it was even better.

I sat in my desk chair, staring out the window, watching water droplets go down the side slowly.

Before I heard my phone ringing.
I glanced down at the IPhone on the wooden desk next to my mouse.

I picked it up, the phone still humming a tune and vibrating.

Vik🌟

Accept      Decline

I quickly tapped accept, and lifted the phone to my ear. "Hello?" I twisted my chair to turn back to the window, blinking slowly.

My happy mood ended the second I heard his heavy breaths. "Tobi? Can you come over?"He said, a shaky tone to his voice.

I nodded though he couldn't see, and answered with "Yes, why though? Are you okay? Where's Simon and Josh?" I spat questions, standing from the gaming chair, walking to the window and staring across the big city of London.

I saw a streak of lightening, follow by a great clap of thunder and Vik whimpered into the phone. "S-Simon and Josh went to Manchester for the weekend. And I'm afraid of storms. Like.. really bad." Vik mumbled out quickly.

I had completely forgotten it was just Vik for the weekend at the Sidemen house.

"Okay. I'll be over in probably 7 minutes. Do you want me to stay on the phone with you?" I told him, yet asked him the question. I worried about Vik a lot.

"Yes." Was all he said.

"I'll be there soon."

I glanced around quickly, leaving the room and going out the door, grabbing my keys off the hook and slamming the door shut.

-

I knocked on the door hard, so Vik could hear me. The door immediately flung open and I was yanked inside by Vik.

"Hey-"

Vik interrupted me with a bone crushing hug, feeling his heavy breath on my chest.

"Hey, hey it's fine." I told him, stroking his raven hair, his short stature crumbling in my arms.
Vik nodded, as he shook in fear as another clap of thunder roared through the house.

"I'm right here Vik," I cooed, shutting the door with my foot.

"Can we go to my room? I just want to go to bed." Vik asked quietly, not looking at me, as his head lifted from my shoulder.

It was about 2:30 AM and I was exhausted too, and I could tell Vik was aswell.

He dragged his legs up the stairs, his hand latched to mine as I followed him to his bedroom.

We reached the room and he swung the door open,
plopping down on the bed and staring up at me.

"What?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well I was going to ask," He started but trailed off soon after.

"Ask me what?"

"Will you sleep with me tonight? Or just until the storm is over?" He rushed out then pulled his eyes away from me and they stared at his lap.

He twiddled his thumbs in his lap, and a clap of thunder interrupted him. He cringed with sad eyes and looked back up.

I nodded slowly, "Of course."

And so I crawled into bed with Vik pulling the covers over us. I took my hat off my head and threw it across the room.

"Sorry for being annoying." Vik muttered quietly, pressing his body close to mine.

"Don't apologize." I shushed him, wrapping my arms around his warm body.

The rain was loud and could be heard as it poured against the window.

"Thanks. For this."

"Anything for you." And with that Vik, fell asleep. I stared at the adorable boy in my arms, and shook my head.

"Night Vik." I said, even though he was asleep.

And then we slept.

-

vobi.