Nina is Dead

Gracie was sat next to Jake with a look of sadness, shock and anger. She was sad because she had just lost one of her friends. Although Nina wasn't exactly the nicest person, she was always there for Gracie whenever someone made fun of her for her size or just being herself.

She was shocked because she never thought that Nina would die so young.

She was angry because she never thought that anyone would do this to someone, let alone her friend.

"This wifi sucks. Cops aren't saying much, mom found her body, the victim of foul play. I need gory details," Jake spoke up snapping Gracie out of her thoughts. She looked at him in disbelief wondering why he wants to know how one of his friends had died.

"Um, hello miss, why am I here?" Noah asked one of the teachers walking past him only to get no answer.

"That's the mandatory part of mandatory grief counselling," Emma told him with her arms crossed over her chest.

"No but seriously I feel shock, mild interest but not grief." Noah replied looking at the group.

"Guys, Nina was murdered in cold blood. Do you not even care?" Riley asked confused about their reactions.

Gracie sniffled looking up at everyone, not able to say a word. She just sat there in shock.

"It just doesn't seem real," Emma replied shaking her head slightly.

"Here we go. One of Nina's neighbour's tweeted that her throat was sliced ear to ear. The press is all over this. They're playing the whole 'maybe Brandon James is back' angle," Jake announced reading off of his phone.

Gracie looked over at Emma seeing the look of distraught on her face.

"Brandon James is dead!" Emma harshly whispered while getting up and walking away.

Gracie started getting a funny feeling in her stomach.

"I think I'm gonna be sick!" she exclaimed while grabbing the trash can next to her and vomiting in it. She put the trash can back down mumbling an 'I'm okay'.

"Who's Brandon James?" a confused Kieran asked. Everyone looked at him and he looked back waiting for an explanation.

"Uh he killed a bunch of students 20 years ago. He uhm, he cut some others up. This is him," Noah replied showing Riley, Kieran and Gracie a picture of him. Jake didn't bother looking since he was to interested in finding out more about Nina's murder.

"Emma's dad got stabbed. He almost died," Gracie told Kieran as they all looked away from the photo.

"Brandon had Proteous Syndrome, like 'the elephant man'," Noah explained to the three teens.

"People say he was born a monster but I think he was bullied and beaten into one," Noah continued.

"And you know all this... why?" Kieran asked even more confused.

"I don't know. Some guys like sports, I like serial killers and Brandon James is my Dallas Cowboys. He was a classic case of the deformed kid who lived in the shed. Mom homeschooled him, dad was ashamed of him. His older brother Troy was the only one who cared about him. Whenever he went out he wore this post-op surgical mask. They tried to fix his face a few times, never really worked," Noah began telling them the story of Brandon James.

"What made him start killing people?" Riley asked intrigued by the story and wanting to know more.

Noah smirked at her saying, " Rumor is he fell in love. His brother said Brandon was obsessed. Wrote her anonymous love letters, made her little carvings. Brandon found her at the halloween dance. He got up the nerve to talk to her. It went okay at first. But then a bunch of drunk jocks jumped him. They thought they were saving her from a monster. After a life time of taking it, something in Brandon snapped. He killed 5 students by the time he was done. The man hunt ended at Wren Lake. The girl agreed to meet him. Nobody ever knew who she was." he finished shrugging his shoulders.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry that this is such a short chapter but I might update sometime this weekend. Anyway hope you liked this chapter!

-Maisie

"Intense." Gracie said after taking it all in.