August 9th

"Court documents unsealed Tuesday supporting homicide and other charges against Tavian Hooper, 18, and Jamaal Greene, 18, both of Washington, in the shooting death of 19-year-old Alexis Barnett outlined witness accounts given to city police three months ago.

A girl, identified only as a juvenile witness, allegedly told police she tried to dissuade Hooper from shooting "Ed". Barnett died from a bullet wound and her friend,"Jay", was also injured in the incident. "Ed"  was unscathed.

Police said Greene was driving a small silver vehicle with Hooper and the girl May 4 when they passed "Ed" – with whom the pair had “bad blood” – in a group of five people, including Barnett and "Jay", 21.

When Hooper and Greene spotted "Ed", 25, they allegedly made hand gestures mimicking a handgun and “sounds of ‘boom, boom,’” police said. Greene turned the car around to pursue "Ed", who fled and hid when he saw the pair.

At some point, the girl said she and Hooper exited the car. When she couldn’t dissuade him from targeting "Ed", she walked away as Hooper was seen walking down Maple Avenue toward Bruce Street.

According to police, a woman who was with "Ed" and others said their group went to a house on Bruce Street after they spotted the car Greene was driving. The woman said they left soon after and headed for Maple Terrace, where "Jay" lives. The woman was behind the rest of the group, but started running in their direction when she heard two or three gunshots, police said.

She told police she passed Hooper, who was wearing a dark hoodie, running in the opposite direction."

The names have been changed, because I'm not comfortable giving out that information. But this is straight from observer-reporter.com