Prologue

You were seven years old. Your mum made you always play with a boy your age, probably since birth. His name was Daniel, but you and his mother called him Danny. He threw his orange peel at your face. " Danny! Why did you do that?" You said, giggling. He shrugged his shoulders. You took the peel off of your half eaten banana and put it on his head. You laughed and fell out of your chair.

'Danny' as you called him threw the banana peel across the room and jumped on top of you, tickling you. You were laughing so hard that you had major hiccups. "Get–HAHAHHAHA–o-off- AHAHHAAHA- of-HAHAH- MEEEEEE!!!" Danny smiled. "NEVER!" He shouted. You were both laughing your heads off.

You were later both laying on the floor laughing, for no apparent reason. The door opened and both of your mums walked in to the sight of you both laughing like maniacs.

You realized your mum was watching you, so you sat up immediately. "H-Hi, m-mum," you said, still hiccuping.

"Well, hello there, Y/N, what happened here?" your mum said. " Danny and I had some fun in my bedroom," you replied back. Both of your mums looked at each other and then started laughing. You had a confused look on your face, clearly not understanding the full meaning of what you had said.

Mrs. Howell started to speak. " Okay Y/N, I'm glad you two had fun, but it's time for Danny and I to lea–" but Danny interrupted, " NO MUMMY I DON'T WANT TO GO!!!" Danny shouted. "Daniel James Howell. If we don't leave now, I won't get you your Maltesers tomorrow, young man." Mrs. Howell threatened. Danny's eyes widened. He immediately spoke. "Sorry Y/N..." he mumbled.

        "It's okay Danny! See you tomorrow!" You said and hugged him. He flinched. Then he left with his mum.

          You and Dan always had a special connection. That's why it broke your heart when he left:

       " Y-You're leaving? " you said, sniffling. "Yes, I'm sorry, Y/N, but I have no choice, I-" "YES YOU DO HOWELL. YOU HAVE A CHOICE. DO YOU REALLY WANT TO LEAVE?" Dan looked shocked by the words coming out of your mouth. "Y/N...I-I" You had a scowl on your face. " Oh nevermind. I thought you'd wait for me. Just until we could afford it. But no. You were never worth my friendship. Or my trust."

Then came the words you never thought you'd say.

" Goodbye, Daniel James Howell."

A/N: Was that too sad? Sorry. I'm just naturally depressing. *sighs then contemplates life* Anyways...Thanks for reading! Hope you like it! 😘😘 -Cristelle