Love Confession - #65 [Short Chapter]

Last time: Rin found out more information about Neru and Len's relationship.

Rin's PoV

A couple of weeks pass by.

It's obvious that Len's relationship with Neru is growing stronger.

It's also obvious that the two of them fancy each other.

"Len.." I say, sitting on the end of the sofa.

"Hm?" He replies - if that even is a reply.

"You should really confess to Neru." I shrug.

"C-confess?!" Len echoed.

I nod slowly.

"I was just thinking, seeing it's so near Christmas. I think she will be overjoyed in her own, tsundere way." I say, giggling quietly to myself.

Len shrugs his shoulders.

"We will see.." Len says, even though he looks like he's considering what I've suggested.

Little do I know, that little pep talk with him was pointless...

The next day, I catch a glimpse of Len and Neru standing by one of the Sakura trees at the end of the school day.

Neru looks nervous, likes she about to say something big.

I gasp.

Is she confessing?!

I quietly move closer to the tree, so that I can just hear what they're saying.

"You see.." Neru begins. "I... I like you. I like everything about you. I may not show my soft side all of the time, but.." she gives Len a small smile. "I...love...you."

Len is staring at Neru in shock - he's never had a love confession.

"Neru..." He says, before throwing his arms around her. Neru looks shocked at first, but smiles and hugs him back. "I say yes!"

I clap my hands, walking over to them.

"R-Rin?!" Neru said. "You saw the whole thing?!"

"Mhm." I giggle. "Congratulations."

Neru returned to her normal tsundere self, saying how she didn't do this because she cared for him - even though that doesn't really make any sense - and yelling Baka every two seconds.

After all of that, me and Len walk home. Len is still really quite flustered, telling me over and over again how he has his first girlfriend. I roll my eyes and agree to everything he says.

The second he gets home I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket - looks like Len's told the group about his little experience.

Everyone is congratulating him, and saying they are happy for him.

"Now it's just you and Miku left." Len smirks, grabbing a banana.

"Wh-what's that supposed to mean?!" I ask him. He just laughs and walks out the room.

Miku's PoV

"Well done Len." I mutter as I type a reply to his text message.

"Well done for what?" Kaito asks me, peering over my shoulder.

Me and Kaito are hanging out at the local park.

"Neru has just asked him out." I smile.

"Oh, wow, really? That's my man." Kaito smiles as well.

I look at him, suddenly feeling an.. indescribable feeling.

"Mhm." I nod slowly.

Kaito looks up at the sky. The sun is beginning to set, illuminating the sky with beautiful shades of orange, red and a hint of pink.

"Well, it's about time to go back home." Kaito tells me.

"Oh, okay." I say. Kaito insists he walks me home.

"It's the last day of school in two days." Kaito reminds me. I nod, smiling.

"Yep. And then it'll soon be Christmas!" I say, like an excited little kid.

"Yes, It will be." Kaito says, grinning. "Well then, oyasuminasai [good night!]

"Oyasuminasai, Kaito!" I call, before locking the door to the apartment and skipping into my bedroom.

A/N: So I'm sorry this is such a short chapter - I began running out of ideas without giving away what WILL happen in the future - however this is an important one for the plot. x3 Arigato and sayonara~!